Firm location and city size: Reduced productivity advantages as a factor in the decline of manufacturing in urban areas
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 17 (1985)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shihe Fu & Junjie Hong, 2010.
"Testing Urbanization Economies in Manufacturing Industries: Urban Diversity or Urban Size?,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI_RP_2010_38, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Shihe Fu & Junjie Hong, 2011. "Testing Urbanization Economies In Manufacturing Industries: Urban Diversity Or Urban Size?," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 585-603, 08.
- Fu, Shihe & Hong, Junjie, 2008. "Testing urbanization economies in manufacturing industries: urban diversity or urban size?," MPRA Paper 10078, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel Graham, 2000. "Spatial Variation in Labour Productivity in British Manufacturing," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 323-341.
- Berliant, Marcus & Yu, Chia-Ming, 2009.
"Locational signaling and agglomeration,"
24799, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Berliant, Marcus & Yu, Chia-Ming, 2012. "Locational signaling and agglomeration," MPRA Paper 41838, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Berliant, Marcus & Yu, Chia-Ming, 2010. "Locational signaling and agglomeration," MPRA Paper 24155, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Berliant, Marcus & Yu, Chia-Ming, 2009. "Locational signaling and agglomeration," MPRA Paper 19462, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yoshiaki Ushifusa & Akinori Tomohara, 2013. "Productivity and Labor Density: Agglomeration Effects over Time," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 41(2), pages 123-132, June.
- Feser, Edward J., 2001. "A flexible test for agglomeration economies in two US manufacturing industries," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Graham, Daniel J., 2007. "Variable returns to agglomeration and the effect of road traffic congestion," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 103-120, July.
- Antonio Ciccone & Robert E. Hall, 1996.
"Productivity and the Density of Economic Activity,"
NBER Working Papers
4313, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Florian Lehmer & Joachim Möller, 2010. "Interrelations between the urban wage premium and firm-size wage differentials: a microdata cohort analysis for Germany," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 31-53, August.
- Agarwalla, Astha, . "Agglomeration Economies and Productivity Growth in India," IIMA Working Papers WP2011-01-08, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Lubomira Anastassova, 2006. "Productivity Differences and Agglomeration Across Districts of Great Britain," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp289, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
- Selting, Anne C. & Allanach, Christopher & Loveridge, Scott, 1994. "The Role Of Agglomeration Economies In Firm Location: A Review Of The Literature," Staff Papers 13321, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Edward Feser, 2004. "A Flexible Test for Agglomeration Economies in Two U.S. Manufacturing Industries," Working Papers 04-14, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.