Trade Liberalization in International Dairy Markets: Estimated Impacts
AbstractA partial-equilibrium, multiple-commodity, multiregion model of agricultural policy and trade is used to simulate the effects of changes in domestic and trade policy on dairy production, consumption, prices, and trade. Simulations using the ERS-Penn State Trade model analyze the effects of separately and concurrently relaxing domestic income and price supports, and import restrictions and export subsidies, with special attention to tariff-rate and milk production quotas. Modeling results indicate that liberalization would reduce world dairy product supplies and increase the value of dairy trade.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service in its series Economic Research Report with number 7214.
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1400 Independence Ave.,SW, Mail Stop 1800, Washington, DC 20250-1800
Web page: http://www.ers.usda.gov/
More information through EDIRC
Dairy markets; dairy policy; trade models; global liberalization; International Relations/Trade;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Salathe, Larry E. & Price, J. Michael & Gadson, Kenneth E., 1982. "The Food and Agricultural Policy Simulator," Agricultural Economics Research, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, issue 2.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul & Cox, Thomas L. & Jesse, Edward, 1998. "Spatial allocation and the shadow pricing of product characteristics," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Sylvain Larivière & Karl Meilke, 1999. "An Assessment of Partial Dairy Trade Liberalization on the U.S., EU–15 and Canada," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 47(5), pages 59-73, December.
- Bitan Mondal, Bitan Mondal & Smita Sirohi, Smita Sirohi & Vishal Thorat, Vishal Thorat, 2012. "Impact of ASEAN-India Free Trade Agreement on Indian Dairy Trade: A Quantitative Approach," MPRA Paper 40790, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Leudjou, Roland R., 2012. "The Doha Round and Food Security in the Dairy Sector in Cameroon: A Global Simulation Model (GSIM) Approach," Estey Centre Journal of International Law and Trade Policy, Estey Centre for Law and Economics in International Trade, vol. 13(1).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.