The Effect Demographics Have On The Demand For Orange Juice
AbstractThis paper investigates how the demand for orange juice is affected by the demographics of consumers. There are many variables in the orange juice demand equation and demographics are only one. Demographic variables are important in determining the tastes and preferences of different regions. The data that has been collected is weekly data over a two year period of time. The seemingly unrelated regression method will be used to examine the data. This project will be beneficial to orange juice advertising firms and companies that sell orange juice.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its series 2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas with number 6794.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; Marketing;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Love, Leigh Ann & Sterns, James A. & Spreen, Thomas H. & Wysocki, Allen F., 2006. "Changing Patterns Of Orange Juice Consumption In The Southern United States," 2006 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2006, Orlando, Florida 35485, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Piggott, Nicholas E., 2006. "Consumer Price Formation with Demographic Translating," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25252, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mark G. Brown & Jonq-Ying Lee, 2000. "A measurement of the quality of orange-juice consumption," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 321-332.
- Heien, Dale & Pompelli, Greg, 1988. "The Demand For Beef Products: Cross-Section Estimation Of Demographic And Economic Effects," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 13(01), July.
- Chen, Xuqi & Gao, Zhifeng & House, Lisa, 2013. "Opportunities for Western Food Products in China: The Case of Orange Juice Demand," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150771, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Luckstead, Jeff & Devadoss, Stephen & Mittelhammer, Ron C., 2013. "Strategic Trade Policies in the U.S. Orange Juice Market: Competition between Florida and São Paulo," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149668, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.