Valuing Recreational Benefits of a National Park in Andean Colombia
AbstractProtected undeveloped areas are an important tool for land conservation in developing nations. Efficient land allocation decisions and resource management requires knowledge of non-market benefits. Using travel cost and contingent valuation data from on-site interviews and secondary data on visitation, this study will value a national park in Columbia.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its series 2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas with number 6732.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
consumer surplus; non-market valuation; willingness to pay; zonal travel cost; International Development; Resource /Energy Economics and Policy; Q24; Q26; Q57;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q24 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Land
- Q26 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Recreational Aspects of Natural Resources
- Q57 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Ecological Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2008-12-14 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2008-12-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2008-12-14 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2008-12-14 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-TUR-2008-12-14 (Tourism Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mathieu, Laurence F. & Langford, Ian H. & Kenyon, Wendy, 2003. "Valuing marine parks in a developing country: a case study of the Seychelles," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 373-390, May.
- Stoll, John R., 1983. "Recreational Activities And Nonmarket Valuation: The Conceptualization Issue," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 15(02), December.
- Dale Whittington, 1996.
"Administering Contingent Valuation Surveys in Developing Countries,"
EEPSEA Special and Technical Paper
sp199601t1, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Jan 1996.
- Whittington, Dale, 1998. "Administering contingent valuation surveys in developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 21-30, January.
- Fleming, Christopher M. & Cook, Averil, 2007. "The recreational value of Lake McKenzie: An application of the travel cost method," 2007 Conference (51st), February 13-16, 2007, Queenstown, New Zealand 10382, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.