Conceptual Framework for Measuring Supply Chain Performance: An Innovative Approach
AbstractThe process of developing appropriate supply chain performance measurement instruments is difficult due to the complexity of supply chains. This paper presents an overview and evaluation of the performance measurement instruments used in supply chain models. As a result it advances a framework for developing an innovative supply chain performance measurement instrument which is generally applicable and which incorporates single organisational measures with inter-organisational and supply chain measures. The instrument distinguishes between qualitative and quantitative performance measures. Finally, it proposes supply chain satisfaction balance/ imbalance, as a qualitative supply chain performance measure.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International European Forum on Innovation and System Dynamics in Food Networks in its series 2007 1st Forum, February 15-17, 2007, Innsbruck, Austria with number 6577.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Agribusiness; Industrial Organization;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert G Cooper & Elko J Kleinschmidt, 1985. "The Impact of Export Strategy on Export Sales Performance," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 16(1), pages 37-55, March.
- Gérard P. Cachon & Martin A. Lariviere, 1999. "Capacity Choice and Allocation: Strategic Behavior and Supply Chain Performance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(8), pages 1091-1108, August.
- Beamon, Benita M., 1998. "Supply chain design and analysis:: Models and methods," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 281-294, August.
- de Ron, Ad J., 1995. "Measure of manufacturing performance in advanced manufacturing systems," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1-3), pages 147-160, October.
- Hicks, C. & McGovern, T. & Earl, C. F., 2000. "Supply chain management: A strategic issue in engineer to order manufacturing," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 179-190, April.
- Leong, G. K. & Snyder, D. L. & Ward, P. T., 1990. "Research in the process and content of manufacturing strategy," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 109-122.
- Morris A. Cohen & Jehoshua Eliasberg & Teck-Hua Ho, 1996. "New Product Development: The Performance and Time-to-Market Tradeoff," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(2), pages 173-186, February.
- Jefferson, Gary & Hu, Albert G. Z. & Guan, Xiaojing & Yu, Xiaoyun, 2003. "Ownership, performance, and innovation in China's large- and medium-size industrial enterprise sector," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 89-113.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.