Testing The Link Between Public Intervention And Food Price Variability: Evidence From Rice Markets In The Philippines
AbstractMonthly price data from the Philippines are used to test the influence of government buffer-stock programs on the level and variability of rice prices from 1974-1990. Results do not support the conjecture that prices were correlated with stock purchases.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association) in its series 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT with number 20883.
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Agricultural and Food Policy; Demand and Price Analysis;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Williams,Jeffrey C. & Wright,Brian D., 1991.
"Storage and Commodity Markets,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521326162.
- Islam, Nurul & Thomas, Saji, 1996. "Foodgrain price stabilization in developing countries," Food policy reviews 3, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Richard Yao & Gerald Shively & William Masters, 2005.
"How Successful Are Government Interventions In Food Markets? Insights From The Philippine Rice Market,"
05-06, Purdue University, College of Agriculture, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Yao, Richard T. & Shively, Gerald E. & Masters, William J., 2005. "How Successful Are Government Interventions In Food Markets? Insights From The Philippine Rice Market," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19263, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Jolejole-Foreman, Maria Christina & Mallory, Mindy L., 2011. "Analyzing Market Price Transmission, Government Intervention and Weather Shocks for Rice Market in the Philippines," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103163, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Kim, Yun-Shik & Sumner, Daniel A., 2005. "Measuring Research Benefits With Import Ban Restrictions, Quality Changes, Non-Market Influences On Adoption And Food Security Incentives," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19148, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Coxhead, Ian, 2000. "Consequences of a Food Security Strategy for Economic Welfare, Income Distribution and Land Degradation: The Philippine Case," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 111-128, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.