Output Supply And Input Demand System Of Commercial And Backyard Poultry Producers In Indonesia
AbstractEstimated Indonesian backyard and commercial broiler output supply and input demands from normalized quadratic function satisfy all theoretical properties (homogeneity, reciprocity, adding-up, symmetry, curvature). Elasticities have correct signs and are significant. Very inelastic supply explains strong border protection and casts doubt on long-term sustainability of import substitution policy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association) in its series 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO with number 20266.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Demand and Price Analysis; Livestock Production/Industries;
Other versions of this item:
- Jacinto F. Fabiosa & Helen H. Jensen & Dong Yan, 2004. "Output Supply and Input Demand System of Commercial and Backyard Poultry Producers in Indonesia," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 04-wp363, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Jacinto F. Fabiosa & Helen H. Jensen & Dong Yan, 2004. "Output Supply and Input Demand System of Commercial and Backyard Poultry Producers in Indonesia," Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications 04-wp363, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1973. "Transcendental Logarithmic Production Frontiers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(1), pages 28-45, February.
- Coelli, T J, 1996. "Measurement of Total Factor Productivity Growth and Biases in Technological Change in Western Australian Agriculture," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(1), pages 77-91, Jan.-Feb..
- Shumway, C. Richard & Lim, Hongil, 1993. "Functional Form And U.S. Agricultural Production Elasticities," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 18(02), December.
- Hattink, Wolter & Heerink, Nico & Thijssen, Geert, 1998. "Supply Response of Cocoa in Ghana: A Farm-Level Profit Function Analysis," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 7(3), pages 424-44, October.
- Terry, Justin J. & Marsh, Thomas L., 2000. "Derived Demand For Wheat By Class," 2000 Annual Meeting, June 29-July 1, 2000, Vancouver, British Columbia 36457, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Diewert, W E, 1971. "An Application of the Shephard Duality Theorem: A Generalized Leontief Production Function," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(3), pages 481-507, May-June.
- Diewert, Walter E & Wales, Terence J, 1987.
"Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 43-68, January.
- W. Erwin Diewert & T.J. Wales, 1989. "Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions," NBER Technical Working Papers 0040, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kohli, Ulrich, 1993. "A Symmetric Normalized Quadratic GNP Function and the U.S. Demand for Imports and Supply of Exports," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 34(1), pages 243-55, February.
- Villezca-Becerra, Pedro A. & Shumway, C. Richard, 1992. "Multiple-Output Production Modeled With Three Functional Forms," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(01), July.
- Phil Simmons, 2006. "Perspectives on the 2003 and 2004 avian influenza outbreak in Bali and Lombok," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(4), pages 435-450.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.