Supply Response of Cocoa in Ghana: A Farm-Level Profit Function Analysis
AbstractAvailable estimates of cocoa supply response in Ghana are derived from aggregate time series data. The present study presents results of a cross-section profit function analysis, based on farm-level data. The results are compared with those of previous time series studies, and the methodologies of both types of study are compared and evaluated. Copyright 1998 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE) in its journal Journal of African Economies.
Volume (Year): 7 (1998)
Issue (Month): 3 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Phone: +44-(0)1865 271084
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.jae.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bingxin Yu & Shenggen Fan, 2011.
"Rice production response in Cambodia,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 42(3), pages 437-450, 05.
- Yu, Bingxin & Fan, Shenggen, 2009. "Rice production responses in Cambodia:," IFPRI discussion papers 939, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Yu, Bingxin & Fan, Shenggen, 2009. "Rice Production Response in Cambodia," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51042, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Chiara Cazzuffi & Alexander Moradi, 2010.
"Why Do Cooperatives Fail? Big versus Small in Ghanaian Cocoa Producers’ Societies, 1930-36,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
2010-18, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Chiara Cazzuffi and Alexander Moradi, 2010. "Why Do Cooperatives Fail?� Big versus Small in Ghanaian Cocoa Producers' Societies, 1930-36," Economics Series Working Papers CSAE WPS/2010-18, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Chiara Cazzuffi & Alexander Moradi, 2010. "Why do cooperatives fail? Big versus small in Ghanaian Cocoa Producers' Societies, 1930-36," Working Paper Series 0110, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Suleiman Abrar & Oliver Morrissey & Tony Rayner, 2004. "Aggregate agricultural supply response in Ethiopia: a farm-level analysis," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(4), pages 605-620.
- Denis Cogneau & R�mi Jedwab, 2012.
"Commodity Price Shocks and Child Outcomes: The 1990 Cocoa Crisis in Côte d’Ivoire,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(3), pages 507 - 534.
- Cogneau, Denis & Jedwab, Rémi, 2010. "Commodity Price Shocks and Child Outcomes: The 1990 Cocoa Crisis in Côte d'Ivoire," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 1018, CEPREMAP.
- Cogneau, Denis & Jedwab, Rémi, 2012. "Commodity Price Shocks and Child Outcomes: The 1990 Cocoa Crisis in Côte d’Ivoire," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/10603, Paris Dauphine University.
- Jacinto F. Fabiosa & Helen H. Jensen & Dong Yan, 2004.
"Output Supply and Input Demand System of Commercial and Backyard Poultry Producers in Indonesia,"
Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications
04-wp363, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Yan, Dong & Jensen, Helen H. & Fabiosa, Jacinto F., 2004. "Output Supply And Input Demand System Of Commercial And Backyard Poultry Producers In Indonesia," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20266, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Jacinto F. Fabiosa & Helen H. Jensen & Dong Yan, 2004. "Output Supply and Input Demand System of Commercial and Backyard Poultry Producers in Indonesia," Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications 04-wp363, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
- Abbott, Philip C., 2003. "Towards More Socially Responsible Cocoa Trade," Working Papers 14603, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Deininger, Klaus & Olinto, Pedro, 2000. "Why liberalization alone has not improved agricultural productivity in Zambia : the role of asset ownership and working capital constraints," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2302, The World Bank.
- Escobal, Javier, 2005. "The Role of Public Infraestructure in Market Development in Rural Peru," MPRA Paper 727, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.