Generational Accounting and Depletable Natural Resources: The Case of Norway
In: Generational Accounting around the World
AbstractThis paper applies generational accounting to assess the impact of current fiscal policies on the growth-adjusted net tax burdens of different age cohorts in Norway. Using the most recent estimate of the government's petroleum wealth, our results indicate generational balance.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Chapters with number 6698.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Steigum, E-Jr & Gjersem, C-E, 1997. "Generational Accounting and Depletable Natural Resources : The Case of Norway," Papers 3/97, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H60 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Damla Haciibrahimoglu & Pinar Derin-Gure, 2013. "Generational Accounting in Turkey," ERC Working Papers 1301, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Jan 2013.
- Christian Hagist & Bernd Raffelhüschen & Alf Erling Risa & Erling Vårdal, 2013. "Long-Term Fiscal Effects of Public Pension Reform in Norway – A Generational Accounting Analysis," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 38, pages 2.
- World Bank, 2003. "Azerbaijan : Public Expenditure Review," World Bank Other Operational Studies 13825, The World Bank.
- Hagist, Christian & Raffelhüschen, Bernd & Risa, Alf Erling & Vårdal, Erling, 2011. "Long-term fiscal effects of public pension reform in Norway: A generational accounting analysis," FZG Discussion Papers 49, Research Center for Generational Contracts (FZG), University of Freiburg.
- Carl E. Gjersem, 2002. "A presentation of Generational Accounting in Norway," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 28, pages 61-73.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.