Household meat demand in Greece: A demand systems approach using microdata
AbstractThis article examines meat consumption patterns of households in Greece using data from family budget surveys. For that purpose the linear approximate Almost Ideal Demond System was employed to investigate the economics and demographic effects on the demand for four types of meat. Prices were adjusted for quality, and the demographic translation method was used to incorporate the demographic variables. Finally, the two-stage generalized Heckman procedure was employed to take into account censoring of the dependent variables. [EconLit citations: Q11, D12.] © 2003 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. Agribusiness 19: 43-59, 2003.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Agribusiness.
Volume (Year): 19 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Awudu Abdulai & Devendra K. Jain & Ashok K. Sharma, 1999. "Household Food Demand Analysis in India," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 316-327.
- Heckman, James, 2013.
"Sample selection bias as a specification error,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Deaton, A., 1990.
"Price Elasticities From Surveys Data: Extensions And Indonesian Results,"
69, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Deaton, Angus, 1990. "Price elasticities from survey data : Extensions and Indonesian results," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 281-309, June.
- Deaton, A., 1988. "Price Elasticities From Survey Data: Extensions And Indonesian Results," Papers 138, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- David L. Edgerton, 1997. "Weak Separability and the Estimation of Elasticities in Multistage Demand Systems," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 62-79.
- Eric J. Wailes & Gail L. Cramer, 1997. "A Microeconometric Analysis of Consumer Taste Determination and Taste Change for Beef," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 573-582.
- Giannis Karagiannis & Kostas Velentzas, 1997. "Explaining Food Consumption Patterns In Greece," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1-3), pages 83-92.
- John L. Park & Rodney B. Holcomb & Kellie Curry Raper & Oral Capps, 1996. "A Demand Systems Analysis of Food Commodities by U.S. Households Segmented by Income," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(2), pages 290-300.
- Zhuo Chen & Steven Yen, 2005. "On bias correction in the multivariate sample-selection model," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 37(21), pages 2459-2468.
- Thiele, Silke, 2008. "ElastizitÃ¤ten der Nachfrage privater Haushalte nach Nahrungsmitteln â€“ SchÃ¤tzung eines AIDS auf Basis der Einkommens- und Verbrauchsstichprobe 2003," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 57(5).
- Cuma Akbay, 2007. "Urban Households’ Cooking Oil and Fat Consumption Patterns in Turkey: Quality Vs. Quantity," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 41(6), pages 851-867, December.
- Rémy Lambert & Bruno Larue & Clément Yélou & George Criner, 2006. "Fish and meat demand in Canada: Regional differences and weak separability," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 175-199.
- Anna KOUTROULOU & Lambros TSOURGIANNIS, 2011. "Factors affecting consumers’ purchasing behaviour towards local foods in Greece: the case of the prefecture of Xanthi," Scientific Bulletin - Economic Sciences, University of Pitesti, vol. 10(2), pages 34-47.
- Taylor, J. Edward & Mora, Jorge, 2006. "Does migration reshape expenditures in rural households? Evidence from Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3842, The World Bank.
- Klaus Salhofer & Christoph Tribl & Franz Sinabell, 2012. "Market power in Austrian food retailing: the case of milk products," Empirica, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 109-122, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.