Asia and South America: A Quasi-Common Economy Approach
AbstractThe Asian style of regional integration may be seen as a “quasi-common economy” that eschews a formal linkup in political or monetary terms, but manages to generate similar results by strong physical integration and distributed chains of production and service delivery. This note proposes the Asian quasi-common economy as a benchmark for South America’s regional integration efforts because it is a better fit than the politically driven, broad-based, European style integrative process.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by The World Bank in its journal Economic Premise.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 65 (September)
Asia; Latin America; South America; monetary Union; Common Economy; regional integration; cooperation; trade agreements; european union; regionalism;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
- F42 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - International Policy Coordination and Transmission
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael Jelenic).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.