On the Accuracy of Time-Series, Interest Rate, and Survey Forecasts of Inflation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Business.
Volume (Year): 58 (1985)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JB/
Other versions of this item:
- R. W. Hafer & Scott E. Hein, 1984. "On the accuracy of time series, interest rate and survey forecasts of inflation," Working Papers 1984-022, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Figlewski, Stephen & Wachtel, Paul, 1981. "The Formation of Inflationary Expectations," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 63(1), pages 1-10, February.
- Sean D. Campbell, 2004. "Macroeconomic volatility, predictability and uncertainty in the Great Moderation: evidence from the survey of professional forecasters," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-52, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Elkin Castaño Vélez & Luis Fernando Melo Velandia, 2000. "Metodos de combinacion de pronosticos: una aplicacion a la inflacion," Lecturas de Economía, Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía, issue 52, pages 113-165, Enero Jun.
- Elliott, Graham & Komunjer, Ivana & Timmermann, Allan G, 2003. "Estimating Loss Function Parameters," CEPR Discussion Papers 3821, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Croushore Dean, 2010.
"An Evaluation of Inflation Forecasts from Surveys Using Real-Time Data,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-32, May.
- Dean Croushore, 2006. "An evaluation of inflation forecasts from surveys using real-time data," Working Papers 06-19, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Mary Thomson & Andrew Pollock & Karen Henriksen & Alex Macaulay, 2004. "The influence of the forecast horizon on judgemental probability forecasts of exchange rate movements," European Journal of Finance, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 290-307.
- Greer, Mark, 2003. "Directional accuracy tests of long-term interest rate forecasts," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 291-298.
- Stephen K. McNees & Lauren K. Fine, 1994. "Diversity, uncertainty, and accuracy of inflation forecasts," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jul, pages 33-44.
- Wändi Bruine de Bruin & Wilbert van der Klaauw & Giorgio Topa, 2011.
"Expectations of inflation: the biasing effect of thoughts about specific prices,"
489, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Bruine de Bruin, Wändi & van der Klaauw, Wilbert & Topa, Giorgio, 2011. "Expectations of inflation: The biasing effect of thoughts about specific prices," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 834-845.
- Lloyd B. Thomas, 1999. "Survey Measures of Expected U.S. Inflation," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(4), pages 125-144, Fall.
- R.W. Hafer & Scott E. Hein, 1986. "Federal government debt and inflation: evidence from Granger causality tests," Working Papers 1986-003, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Wilbert van der Klaauw & Wändi Bruine de Bruin & Giorgio Topa & Simon Potter & Michael Bryan, 2008. "Rethinking the measurement of household inflation expectations: preliminary findings," Staff Reports 359, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Mester Ioana Teodora, 2009. "VEC MODEL OF DEVELOPING COUNTRY INFLATIONARY DYNAMICS a€“ AN EMPIRICAL STUDY a€“ THE CASE OF ROMANIA," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 2(1), pages 677-682, May.
- María del Carmen Ramos-Herrera & Simon Sosvilla-Rivero, 2013. "Inflation expectations in Spain: The Spanish PwC Survey," Documentos del Instituto Complutense de AnÃ¡lisis EconÃ³mico 2013-08, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
- Dean Croushore, 2012. "Forecast bias in two dimensions," Working Papers 12-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.