Presidential Popularity and Macroeconomic Performance: Are Voters Really So Naive?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Review of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 65 (1983)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eric Dubois & Sonia Paty, 2010.
"Yardstick Competition: Which Neighbours Matter?,"
- David Kiefer, 2005. "Partisan stabilization policy and voter control," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 122(1), pages 115-132, January.
- David Kiefer, 2005. "Revealed Preferences for Macroeconomic Stabilization," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2005_03, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Daniel J. Richards, 1992. "Do Canadians Want Zero Inflation? Some Evidence from a Model with 'Sophisticated' Voters," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 18(4), pages 413-424, December.
- David Backus & John Driffill, 1984.
"Inflation and Reputation,"
560, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- David Kiefer, 2006. "Endogenous Stabilization in Open Democracies," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2006_01, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Michael Berlemann & Sören Enkelmann, 2012.
"The Economic Determinants of U.S. Presidential Approval -A Survey-,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3761, CESifo Group Munich.
- Soeren Enkelmann & Michael Berlemann, 2013. "The Economic Determinants of U.S. Presidential Approval - A Survey," Working Paper Series in Economics 272, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Fox, Gerald T., 2012. "Macroeconomic time consistency and wartime presidential approval," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 891-902.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.