Do the Vietnamese Support the Economic Doi Moi ?
AbstractEach reform implies social and economic changes. After experiencing war and reunification, today Vietnam is implementing a comprehensive and deep process of renovation ( doi moi ), but a revolution needs the support of the population to be successful. This article investigates whether the Vietnamese are supportive of some of the main features of a market economy. In particular the preferences for competition, ownership of firms (either private or public) and income inequality as an incentive to productivity are studied here. The data allow us to conclude that the doi moi is not at risk, but the population tend to contrast income inequality.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Journal of Development Studies.
Volume (Year): 48 (2011)
Issue (Month): 7 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/FJDS20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huu Chi Nguyen & Christophe Nordman & François Roubaud, 2011.
"Who Suffers the Penalty? A Panel Data Analysis of Earnings Gaps in Vietnam,"
DT/2011/15, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Huu Chi Nguyen & Christophe J. Nordman & François Roubaud, 2013. "Who Suffers the Penalty?: A Panel Data Analysis of Earnings Gaps in Vietnam," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(12), pages 1694-1710, December.
- Roubaud, François & Nordman, Christophe Jalil & Nguyen, Huu Chi, 2013. "Who Suffers the Penalty? A Panel Data Analysis of Earnings Gaps in Vietnam," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/12321, Paris Dauphine University.
- Nguyen, Huu Chi & Nordman, Christophe Jalil & Roubaud, François, 2013. "Who Suffers the Penalty? A Panel Data Analysis of Earnings Gaps in Vietnam," IZA Discussion Papers 7149, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Nordman, Christophe J. & Nguyen, Huu Chi & Roubaud, François, 2011. "Who Suffers the Penalty? A Panel Data Analysis of Earnings Gaps in Vietnam," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2011 60, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.