A DEA model to evaluate car efficiency
AbstractThis paper evaluates the efficiency of personal cars by using the non-parametric data envelopment analysis (DEA) approach. Analysis and comparison is performed in a normative manner since all the economic and technical parameters used (four and ten respectively) are not explicitly weighted. The data set covers 121 different car models in 1997, as appeared in the German Auto Motor und Sport magazine.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics.
Volume (Year): 29 (1997)
Issue (Month): 11 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Choi, Hyundo & Oh, Inha, 2010. "Analysis of product efficiency of hybrid vehicles and promotion policies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2262-2271, May.
- Inha Oh & Jeong-Dong Lee & Seogwon Hwang & Almas Heshmati, 2010.
"Analysis of product efficiency in the Korean automobile market from a consumer’s perspective,"
Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 119-137, February.
- Oh, Inha & Lee, Jeong-Dong & Hwang, Seogwon & Heshmati, Almas, 2006. "Analysis of Product Efficiency in the Korean Automobile Market from a Consumer’s Perspective," Ratio Working Papers 95, The Ratio Institute.
- Mika Kortelainen & Timo Kuosmanen, 2007.
"Eco-efficiency analysis of consumer durables using absolute shadow prices,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 57-69, October.
- Mika Kortelainen & Timo Kuosmanen, 2005. "Eco-Efficiency Analysis of Consumer Durables Using Absolute Shadow Prices," Public Economics 0511022, EconWPA.
- Voltes-Dorta, Augusto & Perdiguero, Jordi & Jiménez, Juan Luis, 2013. "Are car manufacturers on the way to reduce CO2 emissions?: A DEA approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 77-86.
- Uwe Cantner & Jens J. Krüger & Rene Söllner, 2010.
"Product Quality, Product Price, and Share Dynamics in the German Compact Car Market,"
Jena Economic Research Papers
2010-024, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Uwe Cantner & Jens J. Krüger & René Söllner, 2012. "Product quality, product price, and share dynamics in the German compact car market," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(5), pages 1085-1115, October.
- Matthias Staat & Hans H. Bauer & Maik Hammerschmidt, 2004. "Structuring Product-Markets: An Approach Based On Customer Value," Microeconomics 0401002, EconWPA.
- Matthias Staat & Maik Hammerschmidt, 2004. "A Super Efficiency Model for Product Evaluation," Microeconomics 0402011, EconWPA.
- H. H. Bauer & M. Staat & M. Hammerschmidt, 2003. "Value Based Benchmarking and Market Partitioning," Microeconomics 0309004, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.