Capital depreciation and waste accumulation in capital-resource economies
AbstractIn this article, we investigate how the depreciation of a manufactured stock and the related accumulation of a waste stock can alter the optimal path of the capital-resource economy. It is shown that the optimal consumption path is affected by how the disuse pattern of the manufactured stock in question is distributed, specifically with forward-looking terms.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 18 (2011)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
Other versions of this item:
- Yamaguchi, Rintaro & Ueta, Kazuhiro, 2010. "Capital depreciation and waste accumulation in capital-resource economies," MPRA Paper 23786, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Q32 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Exhaustible Resources and Economic Development
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas Eichner & Marco Runkel, 2005. "Efficient Policies for Green Design in a Vintage Durable Good Model," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 30(3), pages 259-278, 03.
- Simone Valente, 2004.
"Sustainable Development: Renewable Resources and Technological Progress,"
CEIS Research Paper
54, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Simone Valente, 2005. "Sustainable Development, Renewable Resources and Technological Progress," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 30(1), pages 115-125, January.
- Aronsson, Thomas & Lofgren, Karl-Gustaf, 2008. "Welfare equivalent NNP and habit formation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 84-88, January.
- Kamien, Morton I & Muller, E, 1976. "Optimal Control with Integral State Equations," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(3), pages 469-73, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.