Bling bling taxation and the fiscal virtues of hip hop
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Social Choice and Welfare.
Volume (Year): 37 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00355/index.htm
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Atkinson, A. B. & Stiglitz, J. E., 1976. "The design of tax structure: Direct versus indirect taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 55-75.
- Ng, Yew-Kwang, 1989. "Diamonds Are a Government's Best Friend: Burden-Free Taxes on Goods Valued for Their Values: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1289-90, December.
- Bagwell, Laurie Simon & Bernheim, B Douglas, 1996. "Veblen Effects in a Theory of Conspicuous Consumption," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 349-73, June.
- Friedman, David D, 1988. "Diamonds are a Government's Best Friend: Burden-free Taxes on Goods Valued for their Values: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(1), pages 297, March.
- Ng, Yew-Kwang, 1987. "Diamonds Are a Government's Best Friend: Burden-Free Taxes on Goods Valued for Their Values," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(1), pages 186-91, March.
- Xin Deng & Yew-Kwang Ng, 2004. "Optimal Taxation On Mixed Diamond Goods: Implications For Private Car Ownership In China," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(4), pages 293-306, December.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1981.
"Self-Selection and Pareto Efficient Taxation,"
NBER Working Papers
0632, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ng, Yew-Kwang, 1993. "Mixed diamond goods and anomalies in consumer theory : Upward-sloping compensated demand curves with unchanged diamondness," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 287-293, May.
- Mirrlees, James A, 1971. "An Exploration in the Theory of Optimum Income Taxation," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(114), pages 175-208, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.