On the bargaining set, kernel and core of superadditive games
AbstractWe prove that for superadditive games a necessary and sufficient condition for the bargaining set to coincide with the core is that the monotonic cover of the excess game induced by a payoff be balanced for each imputation in the bargaining set. We present some new results obtained by verifying this condition for specific classes of games. For N-zero-monotonic games we show that the same condition required at each kernel element is also necessary and sufficient for the kernel to be contained in the core. We also give examples showing that to maintain these characterizations, the respective assumptions on the games cannot be lifted.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Journal of Game Theory.
Volume (Year): 28 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Note: Received: March 1998/Revised version: December 1998
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00182/index.htm
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Josep M Izquierdo & Carles Rafels, 2012. "On the coincidence of the core and the bargaining sets," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(3), pages 2035-2043.
- Daniel Granot, 2010. "The reactive bargaining set for cooperative games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 163-170, March.
- Josep M. Izquierdo & Carles Rafels, 2010. "On the coincidence between the Shimomuras bargaining sets and the core," Working Papers in Economics 241, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Drechsel, J. & Kimms, A., 2010. "Computing core allocations in cooperative games with an application to cooperative procurement," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 128(1), pages 310-321, November.
- Massimiliano Amarante & Luigi Montrucchio, 2007. "Mas-Colell Bargaining Set of Large Games," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 63, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Tamás Solymosi, 2008. "Bargaining sets and the core in partitioning games," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 425-440, December.
- Hendrickx, R.L.P. & Borm, P.E.M. & Timmer, J.B., 2000. "On Convexity for NTU-Games," Discussion Paper 2000-108, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Sudhoelter,P. & Potters,J.A.M., 1999.
"The semireactive bargaining set of a cooperative game,"
313, Bielefeld University, Center for Mathematical Economics.
- Peter Sudhölter & Jos A. M. Potters, 2001. "The semireactive bargaining set of a cooperative game," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 117-139.
- Massimiliano Amarante & Luigi Montrucchio, 2010. "The bargaining set of a large game," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 313-349, June.
- Marina Nunez Oliva & Carlos Rafels Pallarola, 2001. "The extreme core allocations of the assignment game," Working Papers in Economics 65, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Josep Maria Izquierdo Aznar & Carlos Rafels Pallarola, 2002. "Coalitionally Monotonic Set-solutions for Cooperative TU Games," Working Papers in Economics 75, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Grahn, Sofia, 2001. "Core and Bargaining Set of Shortest Path Games," Working Paper Series 2001:3, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.