Pursuing Pleasure or Virtue: The Differential and Overlapping Well-Being Benefits of Hedonic and Eudaimonic Motives
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Happiness Studies.
Volume (Year): 11 (2010)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/content/1389-4978
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christopher Peterson & Nansook Park & Martin Seligman, 2005. "Orientations to happiness and life satisfaction: the full life versus the empty life," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 25-41, 03.
- Terence Bostic & Doris McGartland Rubio & Mark Hood, 2000. "A Validation of the Subjective Vitality Scale Using Structural Equation Modeling," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 52(3), pages 313-324, December.
- Richard M. Ryan & Veronika Huta & Edward Deci, 2008. "Living well: a self-determination theory perspective on eudaimonia," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 139-170, January.
- Joar Vittersø, 2003. "Flow Versus Life Satisfaction: A Projective Use of Cartoons to Illustrate the Difference Between the Evaluation Approach and the Intrinsic Motivation Approach to Subjective Quality of Life," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 141-167, June.
- Tina Kavčič & Andreja Avsec, 2014. "Happiness and Pathways to Reach It: Dimension-Centred Versus Person-Centred Approach," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 118(1), pages 141-156, August.
- Yew-Kwang Ng, 2011. "Happiness Is Absolute, Universal, Ultimate, Unidimensional, Cardinally Measurable and Interpersonally Comparable: A Basis for the Environmentally Responsible Happy Nation Index," Development Research Unit Working Paper Series 16-11, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Yasmine Fayad & Shahe Kazarian, 2013. "Subjective Vitality of Lebanese Adults in Lebanon: Validation of the Arabic Version of the Subjective Vitality Scale," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 114(2), pages 465-478, November.
- Ethan McMahan & Kevin Dixon & Lindsey King, 2013. "Evidence of Associations Between Lay Conceptions of Well-Being, Conception-Congruent Behavior, and Experienced Well-Being," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 655-671, April.
- Luke Henderson & Tess Knight & Ben Richardson, 2014. "The Hedonic and Eudaimonic Validity of the Orientations to Happiness Scale," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 115(3), pages 1087-1099, February.
- Ed Diener & Frank Fujita & Louis Tay & Robert Biswas-Diener, 2012. "Purpose, Mood, and Pleasure in Predicting Satisfaction Judgments," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 105(3), pages 333-341, February.
- Francisco Simões & Madalena Alarcão, 2014. "Promoting Well-Being in School-Based Mentoring Through Basic Psychological Needs Support: Does It Really Count?," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 407-424, April.
- Alfonso Urzúa & Claudia Miranda-Castillo & Alejandra Caqueo-Urízar & Franco Mascayano, 2013. "Do Cultural Values Affect Quality of Life Evaluation?," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 114(3), pages 1295-1313, December.
- Louis Tay & David Chan & Ed Diener, 2014. "The Metrics of Societal Happiness," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 117(2), pages 577-600, June.
- Veronika Huta, 2012. "Linking Peoples’ Pursuit of Eudaimonia and Hedonia with Characteristics of their Parents: Parenting Styles, Verbally Endorsed Values, and Role Modeling," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 47-61, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.