An entropy criterion for assessing the number of clusters in a mixture model
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Classification.
Volume (Year): 13 (1996)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=101794
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hathaway, Richard J., 1986. "Another interpretation of the EM algorithm for mixture distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 53-56, March.
- Peter Bryant, 1991. "Large-sample results for optimization-based clustering methods," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 31-44, 01.
- Bartolucci, Francesco & Giorgio E., Montanari & Pandolfi, Silvia, 2012. "Item selection by an extended Latent Class model: An application to nursing homes evaluation," MPRA Paper 38757, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrew Clark & Fabien Postel-Vinay, 2005.
"Job Security and Job Protection,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0678, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Clark, Andrew E & Postel-Vinay, Fabien, 2005. "Job Security and Job Protection," CEPR Discussion Papers 4927, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrew E. Clark & Fabien Postel-Vinay, 2004. "Job security and job protection," DELTA Working Papers 2004-16, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Clark, Andrew E. & Postel-Vinay, Fabien, 2005. "Job Security and Job Protection," IZA Discussion Papers 1489, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Helga Fehr-Duda & Adrian Bruhin & Thomas Epper & Renate Schubert, 2007.
"Rationality on the Rise: Why Relative Risk Aversion Increases with Stake Size,"
SOI - Working Papers
0708, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich, revised Feb 2008.
- Helga Fehr-Duda & Adrian Bruhin & Thomas Epper & Renate Schubert, 2010. "Rationality on the rise: Why relative risk aversion increases with stake size," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 147-180, April.
- Kim, Daeyoung & Kim, Jong-Min & Liao, Shu-Min & Jung, Yoon-Sung, 2013. "Mixture of D-vine copulas for modeling dependence," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 1-19.
- O'Donnell, Christopher J., 2006. "Some Econometric Options For Dealing With Unknown Functional Form," 2006 Conference (50th), February 8-10, 2006, Sydney, Australia 137787, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Biernacki, Christophe & Celeux, Gilles & Govaert, Gerard & Langrognet, Florent, 2006. "Model-based cluster and discriminant analysis with the MIXMOD software," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 587-600, November.
- Helmut Farbmacher & Peter Ihle & Ingrid Schubert & Joachim Winter & Amelie C. Wuppermann, 2013. "Heterogeneous Effects of a Nonlinear Price Schedule for Outpatient Care," CESifo Working Paper Series 4499, CESifo Group Munich.
- Sarstedt, Marko & Salcher, André, 2007. "Modellselektion in Finite Mixture PLS-Modellen," Discussion Papers in Business Administration 1394, University of Munich, Munich School of Management.
- Jost Reinecke & Daniel Seddig, 2011. "Growth mixture models in longitudinal research," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer, vol. 95(4), pages 415-434, December.
- Bartolucci, Francesco & Grilli, Leonardo & Pieroni, Luca, 2012. "Estimating dynamic causal effects with unobserved confounders: a latent class version of the inverse probability weighted estimator," MPRA Paper 43430, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lavigne, Robert, 2011. "The political and institutional determinants of fiscal adjustment: Entering and exiting fiscal distress," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 17-35, March.
- Kostov, Philip & McErlean, Seamus, 2006. "Using the mixtures-of-distributions technique for the classification of farms into representative farms," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 88(2-3), pages 528-537, June.
- Miloslavsky, Maja & van der Laan, Mark J., 2003. "Fitting of mixtures with unspecified number of components using cross validation distance estimate," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-4), pages 413-428, January.
- Hawkins, Dollena S. & Allen, David M. & Stromberg, Arnold J., 2001. "Determining the number of components in mixtures of linear models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 15-48, November.
- Ana Oliveira-Brochado & Francisco Vitorino Martins, 2008. "Determining the Number of Market Segments Using an Experimental Design," FEP Working Papers 263, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Christian Schellhase & Göran Kauermann, 2012. "Density estimation and comparison with a penalized mixture approach," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 757-777, December.
- Hennig, Christian, 2008. "Dissolution point and isolation robustness: Robustness criteria for general cluster analysis methods," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(6), pages 1154-1176, July.
- Matthias Davier & Ivo Molenaar, 2003. "A person-fit index for polytomous rasch models, latent class models, and their mixture generalizations," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 68(2), pages 213-228, June.
- Heike Heidemeier & Anja Göritz, 2013. "Individual Differences in How Work and Nonwork Life Domains Contribute to Life Satisfaction: Using Factor Mixture Modeling for Classification," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 14(6), pages 1765-1788, December.
- Hunt, Lynette & Jorgensen, Murray, 2003. "Mixture model clustering for mixed data with missing information," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-4), pages 429-440, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.