Becker’s utility approach to discrimination: A review of the issues
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal The Review of Black Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 12 (1984)
Issue (Month): 4 (March)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James D. Gwartney & James E. Long, 1978. "The relative earnings of blacks and other minorities," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 31(3), pages 336-346, April.
- Chiswick, Barry R, 1973. "Racial Discrimination in the Labor Market: A Test of Alternative Hypotheses," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(6), pages 1330-52, Nov.-Dec..
- Robert J. Flanagan, 1973. "Racial Wage Discrimination and Employment Segregation," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 456-471.
- Shepherd, William G & Levin, Sharon G, 1973. "Managerial Discrimination in Large Firms," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(4), pages 412-22, November.
- Ashenfelter, Orley, 1972.
"Racial Discrimination and Trade Unionism,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(3), pages 435-64, May-June.
- William M. Landes, 1968. "The Economics of Fair Employment Laws," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76, pages 507.
- Comanor, William S, 1973. "Racial Discrimination in American Industry," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 40(160), pages 363-78, November.
- Sharon P. Smith, 1976. "Pay differential between federal government and private sector workers," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 29(2), pages 179-197, January.
- William R. Johnson, 1978. "Racial Wage Discrimination and Industrial Structure," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(1), pages 70-81, Spring.
- Patrick Mason, 1992.
"The divide-and-conquer and employer/ employee models of discrimination: Neoclassical competition as a familial defect,"
The Review of Black Political Economy,
Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 73-89, June.
- Mason, Patrick L., 1992. "The divide-and-conquer and employer/employee models of discrimination: neoclassical competition as a familial defect," MPRA Paper 11333, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.