Why Is This Financial Crisis Occurring? How To Respond To It?
AbstractA combination of cyclical and structural factors has lead to a situation which could threaten financial stability worldwide. As the current financial turmoil is unfolding it becomes clearer that the effects of the initial sub-prime crisis, which originated in the US, are spreading across other asset markets worldwide, increasing the likelihood of a global credit crunch and an economic downturn. In the light of these developments there is a need for the implementation of strategies for action. This paper focuses on structural causes of the current crisis and on policy issues such as enhancing transparency, resolving conflicts of interest, incentives structures in the financial industry and, not least, improving the existing regulatory and supervisory frameworks.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institute for Economic Forecasting in its journal Romanian Journal for Economic Forecasting.
Volume (Year): 5 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13, Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172
Phone: 004 021 3188148
Fax: 004 021 3188148
Web page: http://www.ipe.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Financial markets; Government Policy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dobrescu, Emilian, 2007. "Modelling The Romanian Economy: Some Data Problems," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 4(1), pages 7-25, March.
- Korol, Tomasz & Korodi, Adrian, 2011. "An Evaluation of Effectiveness of Fuzzy Logic Model in Predicting the Business Bankruptcy," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(3), pages 92-107, September.
- DEDU Vasile & Turcan Ciprian Sebastian & Turcan Radu, 2011. "A Behavioral Approach To The Global Financial Crisis," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(2), pages 340-346, December.
- Alenka Kavkler & Mejra Festić, 2010. "The Trade Deficit and Banking Sector Results in Romania and Bulgaria," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 12(27), pages 199-213, February.
- Magdalena Radulescu, 2009. "Economic crisis, its prospects and challenges," Analele Stiintifice ale Universitatii "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" din Iasi - Stiinte Economice, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 56, pages 481-488, November.
- Gheorghe VOINEA & Sorin Gabriel ANTON, 2009. "Lessons from the Current Financial Crisis. A Risk Management Approach," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 3, pages 139-147, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.