Volatility Persistence and Predictability of Squared Returns in GARCH(1,1) Models
AbstractVolatility persistence is a stylized statistical property of financial time-series data such as exchange rates and stock returns. The purpose of this letter is to investigate the relationship between volatility persistence and predictability of squared returns.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by CEJEME in its journal Central European Journal of Economic Modelling and Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 1 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://cejeme.org/
GARCH Models; returns; time series; volatility persistence;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hwang. S. & Pedro L. Valls Pereira, 2003.
"Small Sample Properties of GARCH Estimates and Persistence,"
Finance Lab Working Papers
flwp_48, Finance Lab, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Soosung Hwang & Pedro L. Valls Pereira, 2006. "Small sample properties of GARCH estimates and persistence," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(6-7), pages 473-494.
- Edoardo Otrano & Umberto Triacca, 2007. "Testing for Equal Predictability of Stationary ARMA Processes," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(9), pages 1091-1108.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Krzysztof Osiewalski).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.