Relationships of education and health in the context of economic development
AbstractThis article focuses on common and different attributes of education and health from economic and social perspective. Education and health are not usually analyzed together so this could be considered to be an innovative approach. Article contains knowledge which reflects empirically known dependencies in the area of education and health determinants and relationships of education and health to human capital. It also emphasizes and argues for the importance of lifelong learning and availability of high-quality health care as economic development prerequisites. While the education and health is by its own nature bound to an individual and its investments, the question of equal chances to educate and consume health care is highly important in the modern society. Based on the identified attributes and relationships of education and health, the article shows their economic characteristic, social aspects and summarizes their importance for the economic development.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Economics, Prague in its journal Politická ekonomie.
Volume (Year): 2009 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Postal: Redakce Politické ekonomie, Vysoká škola ekonomická, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H51 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Health
- H52 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Education
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vaclav Subrta).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.