Wavelet Decomposition of the Financial Market
AbstractA heterogeneous agents model with the worst out algorithm was considered for obtaining more realistic market conditions. The WOA replaces periodically the trading strategies that have the lowest performance level of all strategies presented on the market by the new ones. New strategies that enter on the market have the same stochastic structure as an initial set of strategies. This paper shows, by wavelets applications, strata influences of the trading strategies with the WOA.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Economics, Prague in its journal Prague Economic Papers.
Volume (Year): 2007 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Postal: Editorial office Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gaunersdorfer, Andrea, 2000. "Endogenous fluctuations in a simple asset pricing model with heterogeneous agents," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 24(5-7), pages 799-831, June.
- Miloslav Vošvrda & Lukáš Vácha, 2003. "Heterogeneous agent model with memory and asset price behaviour," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2003(2).
- Haltiwanger, John & Waldman, Michael, 1985.
"Rational Expectations and the Limits of Rationality: An Analysis of Heterogeneity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 326-40, June.
- John Haltiwanger & Michael Waldman, 1983. "Rational Expectations and the Limits of Rationality: An Analysis of Heterogeneity," UCLA Economics Working Papers 303, UCLA Department of Economics.
- repec:att:wimass:9621 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carl Chiarella & Xue-Zhong He, 2000.
"Heterogeneous Beliefs, Risk and Learning in a Simple Asset Pricing Model with a Market Maker,"
Research Paper Series
35, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Chiarella, Carl & He, Xue-Zhong, 2003. "Heterogeneous Beliefs, Risk, And Learning In A Simple Asset-Pricing Model With A Market Maker," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(04), pages 503-536, September.
- Lukáš Vácha & Miloslav S. Vošvrda, 2005. "Dynamical Agents' Strategies and the Fractal Market Hypothesis," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2005(2), pages 163-170.
- Miloslav Vošvrda & Lukáš Vácha, 2002. "Heterogeneous Agent Model And Numerical Analysis Of Learning," Bulletin of the Czech Econometric Society, The Czech Econometric Society, vol. 9(17).
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1978. "Asset Prices in an Exchange Economy," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1429-45, November.
- Brock, William A. & Hommes, Cars H., 1998.
"Heterogeneous beliefs and routes to chaos in a simple asset pricing model,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1235-1274, August.
- Carl Chiarella, 1992. "The Dynamics of Speculative Behaviour," Working Paper Series 13, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Lukáš Vácha & Jozef Barunik & Miloslav Vošvrda, 2009. "Smart Agents and Sentiment in the Heterogeneous Agent Model," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2009(3), pages 209-219.
- Jozef Barunik & Lukas Vacha & Miloslav Vosvrda, 2009. "Smart predictors in the heterogeneous agent model," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 163-172, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vaclav Subrta).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.