Wavelet Applications to Heterogeneous Agents Model
AbstractA heterogeneous agent model with the WOA was considered for obtaining more realistic market conditions. The WOA replaces periodically the trading strategies that have the lowest performance level of all strategies presented on the market by the new ones. New strategies that enter on the market have the same stochastic structure as an initial set of strategies. This paper shows, by wavelets applications, strata influences of the trading strategies with the WOA.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies in its series Working Papers IES with number 2006/21.
Length: 15 pages
Date of creation: Apr 2006
Date of revision: Apr 2006
agents’ trading strategies; heterogeneous agent model with stochastic memory; worst out algorithm; wavelet;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies
- D84 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Expectations; Speculations
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Haltiwanger, John & Waldman, Michael, 1985.
"Rational Expectations and the Limits of Rationality: An Analysis of Heterogeneity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 326-40, June.
- John Haltiwanger & Michael Waldman, 1983. "Rational Expectations and the Limits of Rationality: An Analysis of Heterogeneity," UCLA Economics Working Papers 303, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Gaunersdorfer, Andrea, 2000. "Endogenous fluctuations in a simple asset pricing model with heterogeneous agents," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 24(5-7), pages 799-831, June.
- Chiarella, Carl & He, Xue-Zhong, 2003.
"Heterogeneous Beliefs, Risk, And Learning In A Simple Asset-Pricing Model With A Market Maker,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(04), pages 503-536, September.
- Carl Chiarella & Xue-Zhong He, 2000. "Heterogeneous Beliefs, Risk and Learning in a Simple Asset Pricing Model with a Market Maker," Research Paper Series 35, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Lukáš Vácha & Miloslav S. Vošvrda, 2005. "Dynamical Agents' Strategies and the Fractal Market Hypothesis," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2005(2), pages 163-170.
- Miloslav Vošvrda & Lukáš Vácha, 2002. "Heterogeneous Agent Model And Numerical Analysis Of Learning," Bulletin of the Czech Econometric Society, The Czech Econometric Society, vol. 9(17).
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1978. "Asset Prices in an Exchange Economy," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1429-45, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lenka Herrmannova).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.