Shifting Patterns in Developmental Rank Ordering: A Case Study of the Districts of Sind Province
AbstractThe primary objective of this paper is to observe the changing patterns in regional development and to highlight some of the major underlying phenomena. Our examination of changes in rank ordering over a short period of time reveals that only moderately developed districts have altered their position in either upward or downward direction. Larkana district moved from sixth to fourth rank, while Tharparkar district regressed considerably from fourth to eighth rank. The exercise will facilitate policy-makers in allocating development resources in districts where the deficiencies are evidently serious. It will also be helpful in locating research areas to determine particular bottlenecks to development in districts which shifted downward in rank ordering.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Pakistan Institute of Development Economics in its journal The Pakistan Development Review.
Volume (Year): 27 (1988)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bumb, Balu, 1982. "Factor analysis and development : A note," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 109-112, August.
- Lubna Hasan, 2008.
"On Measuring the Complexity of Urban Living,"
2008:46, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Hasan, Lubna Hasan, 2007. "On Measuring the Complexity of Urban Living," MPRA Paper 6619, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hasan, Lubna, 2007. "On Measuring the Complexity of Urban Living," MPRA Paper 7413, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lubna Hasan, 2008. "On Measuring the Complexity of Urban Living," Microeconomics Working Papers 22194, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Haroon Jamal & Amir Jahan Khan, 2003. "The Changing Profile of Regional Inequality," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 42(2), pages 113-123.
- Hyder, Kalim & Sikander, Muhammad Usman, 2007. "Poverty, Income Distribution and Social Development in Lahore," MPRA Paper 30531, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Apr 2010.
- Aisha Ghaus-Pasha & Naeem Ahmed, 1999. "Pakistan’s Ranking in Social Development: Have We Always Been Backward?," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 38(4), pages 739-754.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Khurram Iqbal).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.