Using Benefit and Cost Information to Evaluate a Food Safety Regulation: HACCP for Meat and Poultry
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Agricultural and Applied Economics Association in its journal American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 78 (1996)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Helen H. Jensen & Laurian J. Unnevehr & Miguel I. Gomez, 1998.
"Costs of Improving Food Safety in the Meat Sector, The,"
Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications
98-wp189, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Jensen, Helen H. & Unnevehr, Laurian J. & Gomez, Miguel I., 1998. "Costs of Improving Food Safety in the Meat Sector (The)," Staff General Research Papers 1156, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Cao, Kay & Maurer, Oswin & Scrimgeour, Frank G., 2003.
"Estimating The Cost Of Food Safety Regulation To The New Zealand Seafood Industry,"
2003 Conference (47th), February 12-14, 2003, Fremantle, Australia
57840, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Cao, Kay & Maurer, Oswin & Scrimgeour, Frank G. & Dake, Chris K.G., 2005. "Estimating The Cost Of Food Safety Regulations To The New Zealand Seafood Industry," Australasian Agribusiness Review, University of Melbourne, Melbourne School of Land and Environment, vol. 13.
- Segerson, Kathleen, 1998. "Mandatory vs. Voluntary Approaches to Food Safety," Research Reports 25188, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Jensen, Helen H. & Unnevehr, Laurian J., 1999.
"HACCP in Pork Processing: Costs and Benefits,"
Staff General Research Papers
1632, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Helen H. Jensen & Laurian J. Unnevehr, 1999. "HACCP in Pork Processing: Costs and Benefits," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 99-wp227, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Hinson, Roger A. & Whitley, Daniel B., 2003. "Cost Of And Approaches To Haccp Implementation: An Oyster Industry Example," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 34(03), November.
- Rude, James & Meilke, Karl D., 2004. "Developing Policy Relevant Agrifood Models," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 36(02), August.
- Mojduszka, Eliza M., 2004. "Private And Public Food Safety Control Mechanisms: Interdependence And Effectiveness," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 19987, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kathleen Segerson, 1999. "Mandatory versus voluntary approaches to food safety," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(1), pages 53-70.
- Huang, Ju-Chin & Haab, Timothy C. & Whitehead, John C., 2004. "Risk Valuation in the Presence of Risky Substitutes: An Application to Demand for Seafood," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 36(01), April.
- Hornibrook, Susan A. & Fearne, Andrew, 2003. "Managing Perceived Risk as a Marketing Strategy for Beef in the UK Foodservice Industry," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 6(03).
- Wu, Zhen & Wachenheim, Cheryl J., 2013. "Quantitative Cost Model of HACCP Implementation," Agribusiness & Applied Economics Report 142596, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Fearne, Andrew & Hornibrook, Susan A. & Dedman, Sandra, 2001. "The Management Of Perceived Risk In The Food Supply Chain: A Comparative Study Of Retailer-Led Beef Quality Assurance Schemes In Germany And Italy," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 4(01).
- Henson, Spencer & Caswell, Julie, 1999. "Food safety regulation: an overview of contemporary issues," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 589-603, December.
- Starbird, S. Andrew, 2000. "Designing Food Safety Regulations: The Effect Of Inspection Policy And Penalties For Noncompliance On Food Processor Behavior," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(02), December.
- Antle, John M., 1999. "Benefits and costs of food safety regulation," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 605-623, December.
- Jensen, Helen H. & Unnevehr, Laurian J. & Gomez, Miguel I., 1998. "Costs Of Improving Food Safety In The Meat Sector," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(01), July.
- Bremmers, Harry J. & van der Meulen, Bernd M.J. & Sredojevi, Zorica & Wijnands, Jo H.M., 2012. "Legal-Economic Barriers to Price Transfers in Food Supply Chains," APSTRACT: Applied Studies in Agribusiness and Commerce, AGRIMBA, vol. 6.
- Artuso, A., 2003. "Risk perceptions, endogenous demand and regulation of agricultural biotechnology," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 131-145, April.
- Pozo, Veronica F. & Schroeder, Ted C., 2013. "Effects of Meat Recalls on Firms' Stock Prices," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 151287, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.