Neighborhood services, trip purpose, and tour-based travel
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Transportation.
Volume (Year): 30 (2003)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=103007
accessibility; new urbanism; tours; travel behavior; trip purpose; urban form;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- E I Pas, 1984. "The effect of selected sociodemographic characteristics on daily travel-activity behavior," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 16(5), pages 571-581, May.
- Handy, Susan, 1993. "Regional Versus Local Accessibility: Implications for Nonwork Travel," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt2z79q67d, University of California Transportation Center.
- N Oppenheim, 1975. "A typological approach to individual urban travel behavior prediction," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 7(2), pages 141-152, February.
- P A Williams, 1988. "A recursive model of intraurban trip-making," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 20(4), pages 535-546, April.
- Crane, Randall & Crepeau, Richard, 1998. "Does Neighborhood Design Influence Travel?: Behavioral Analysis of Travel Diary and GIS Data," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt4pj4s7t8, University of California Transportation Center.
- Adler, Thomas & Ben-Akiva, Moshe, 1979. "A theoretical and empirical model of trip chaining behavior," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 243-257, September.
- Bradley Lane, 2011. "TAZ-level variation in work trip mode choice between 1990 and 2000 and the presence of rail transit," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 147-171, June.
- Khattak, Asad J. & Rodriguez, Daniel, 2005. "Travel behavior in neo-traditional neighborhood developments: A case study in USA," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 481-500, July.
- Su, Fengming & Bell, Michael G.H., 2009. "Transport for older people: Characteristics and solutions," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 46-55.
- Zhang, Lei & Hong, Jin Hyun & Nasri, Arefeh & Shen, Qing, 2012. "How built environment affects travel behavior: A comparative analysis of the connections between land use and vehicle miles traveled in US cities," The Journal of Transport and Land Use, Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota, vol. 5(3), pages 40-52.
- Bhat, Chandra R. & Sardesai, Rupali, 2006. "The impact of stop-making and travel time reliability on commute mode choice," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 709-730, November.
- Veronique Acker & Frank Witlox, 2011. "Commuting trips within tours: how is commuting related to land use?," Transportation, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 465-486, May.
- Currie, Graham & Delbosc, Alexa, 2011. "Exploring the trip chaining behaviour of public transport users in Melbourne," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 204-210, January.
- Lee, Yuhwa & Washington, Simon & Frank, Lawrence D., 2009. "Examination of relationships between urban form, household activities, and time allocation in the Atlanta Metropolitan Region," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 360-373, May.
- Ho, Chinh Q. & Mulley, Corinne, 2013. "Multiple purposes at single destination: A key to a better understanding of the relationship between tour complexity and mode choice," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 206-219.
- McArthur, David Philip & Thorsen, Inge & Ubøe, Jan, 2013. "Employment, transport infrastructure and rural depopulation: a new spatial equilibrium model," Discussion Papers 2013/9, Department of Business and Management Science, Norwegian School of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.