Beneficial safety decreases
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Theory and Decision.
Volume (Year): 70 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100341
Philosophy of risk; Rational choice; Risk offsetting behaviour; Judgement bias; Safety regulation; Risk policy; Paternalism;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Clifford Winston & Vikram Maheshri & Fred Mannering, 2006.
"An exploration of the offset hypothesis using disaggregate data: The case of airbags and antilock brakes,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 83-99, March.
- Maheshri, Vikram & Mannering, Fred & Winston, Clifford, 2006. "An Exploration of the Offset Hypothesis Using Disaggregate Data:The Case of Airbags and Antilock Brakes," Working paper 155, Regulation2point0.
- Traynor, Thomas L, 1993. " The Peltzman Hypothesis Revisited: An Isolated Evaluation of Offsetting Driver Behavior," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 237-47, October.
- Paul R. Portney, 1992. "Trouble in happyville," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(1), pages 131-132.
- Sunstein, Cass R. & Thaler, Richard H., 2003.
"Libertarian Paternalism Is Not An Oxymoron,"
- François Salanié & Nicolas Treich, 2009. "Regulation in Happyville," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 119(537), pages 665-679, 04.
- Peltzman, Sam, 1975. "The Effects of Automobile Safety Regulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(4), pages 677-725, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.