Premium setting and bank behavior in a voluntary deposit insurance scheme
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting.
Volume (Year): 29 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=102990
Deposit insurance; Insurance premium; Social welfare; Compulsory; Voluntary; Moral hazard; G20; G21; G28;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Buser, Stephen A & Chen, Andrew H & Kane, Edward J, 1981. "Federal Deposit Insurance, Regulatory Policy, and Optimal Bank Capital," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(1), pages 51-60, March.
- J. Huston McCulloch & Min-Teh Yu, 1998. "Government Deposit Insurance and the Diamond-Dybvig Model," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 23(2), pages 139-149, December.
- Lee, Wai Sing & Kwok, Chuck C. Y., 2000. "Domestic and international practice of deposit insurance: a survey," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 29-62, January.
- Beck, Thorsten, 2002.
"Deposit insurance as private club: is Germany a model?,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 701-719.
- Beck, Thorsten, 2001. "Deposit insurance as private club - Is Germany a model?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2559, The World Bank.
- Jacklin, Charles J & Bhattacharya, Sudipto, 1988. "Distinguishing Panics and Information-Based Bank Runs: Welfare and Policy Implications," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(3), pages 568-92, June.
- Loewy, Michael B., 1991. "The macroeconomic effects of bank runs: An equilibrium analysis," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 242-256, June.
- Darius Palia & Robert Porter, 2004. "The Impact of Capital Requirements and Managerial Compensation on Bank Charter Value," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 191-206, November.
- John, Kose & John, Teresa A. & Senbet, Lemma W., 1991. "Risk-shifting incentives of depository institutions: A new perspective on federal deposit insurance reform," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4-5), pages 895-915, September.
- Haubrich, Joseph G & Thomson, James B, 1996.
" Loan Sales, Implicit Contracts, and Bank Structure,"
Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting,
Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 137-62, September.
- Joseph G. Haubrich & James B. Thomson & Raghuram G. Rajan & ary, 1993. "Loan sales, implicit contracts, and bank structure," Proceedings 416, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Joseph G. Haubrich & James B. Thomson, 1993. "Loan sales, implicit contracts, and bank structure," Working Paper 9307, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Postlewaite, Andrew & Vives, Xavier, 1987. "Bank Runs as an Equilibrium Phenomenon," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(3), pages 485-91, June.
- Diamond, Douglas W & Dybvig, Philip H, 1983.
"Bank Runs, Deposit Insurance, and Liquidity,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(3), pages 401-19, June.
- Edward J. Green & Ping Lin, 2000. "Diamond and Dybvig's classic theory of financial intermediation : what's missing?," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 3-13.
- Freeman, Scott, 1988. "Banking as the Provision of Liquidity," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(1), pages 45-64, January.
- Marcus, Alan J & Shaked, Israel, 1984. "The Valuation of FDIC Deposit Insurance Using Option-pricing Estimates," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 16(4), pages 446-60, November.
- Qi, Jianping, 1994. "Bank Liquidity and Stability in an Overlapping Generations Model," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(2), pages 389-417.
- Drehmann, Mathias & Tarashev, Nikola, 2013. "Measuring the systemic importance of interconnected banks," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 586-607.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.