The NCAA Cartel and Competitive Balance in College Football
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 13 (1998)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100336
Cartel; NCAA; football; competition;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brown, Robert W, 1993. "An Estimate of the Rent Generated by a Premium College Football Player," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(4), pages 671-84, October.
- Lester G. Telser, 1964. "Advertising and Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72, pages 537.
- Jeroen Schokkaert & Johan Swinnen, 2013. "European Cup football has experienced a major change in format with the introduction of the Champions League in 1992 and a major change in admission rules with direct qualification for multiple teams ," LICOS Discussion Papers 32913, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Kathleen A. Carroll & Brad R. Humphreys, 2003. "Agency Behavior in a Nonprofit Setting: Effects of the 1984 Supreme Court NCAA Decision," UMBC Economics Department Working Papers 03-106, UMBC Department of Economics.
- Paul, Rodney J. & Weinbach, Andrew P., 2007. "The uncertainty of outcome and scoring effects on Nielsen ratings for Monday Night Football," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 199-211.
- P. Dorian Owen, 2013. "Measurement of Competitive Balance and Uncertainty of Outcome," Working Papers 1311, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2013.
- Pelnar, Gregory, 2007. "Antitrust Analysis of Sports Leagues," MPRA Paper 5382, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul, Rodney J. & Weinbach, Andrew P., 2012. "Competitive balance in the NFL?," Edition HWWI: Chapters, in: Zur Ökonomik von Spitzenleistungen im internationalen Sport, pages 73-84 Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Tyler Cowen & Daniel Sutter, 2005. "Conflict, Cooperation and Competition in Anarchy," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 109-115, January.
- Jaret Treber & Rachel Levy & Victor Matheson, 2011.
"Gender Differences in Competitive Balance in Intercollegiate Basketball,"
1117, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Jaret Treber & Rachel Levy & Victor Matheson, 2011. "Gender Differences in Competitive Balance in Intercollegiate Basketball," Working Papers 1106, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Ross Booth, 2005. "Comparing Competitive Balance In Australian Sports Leagues, The Afl, Nbl And Nrl: Does The Afl'S Team Salary Cap And Player Draft Measure Up?," Development Research Unit Working Paper Series 02/05, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Booth, Ross, 2005. "Comparing Competitive Balance in Australian Sports Leagues: Does a Salary Cap and Player Draft Measure Up?," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 119-143, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.