AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal The Review of Austrian Economics.
Volume (Year): 22 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100335
Ethics; Markets; Liberalism; Buchanan; McCloskey; Morality; Reductionism; Virtues; Prudence; Homo economicus; Free markets; Spontaneous orders; Deontology; Utilitarianism; Ethical theory; Teleology; Subjectivism; Aristotelianism; Political theory; Austrian economics; Self-direction; Metanorms; P480; P110; P160; D740; D460; B250; A130;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- P48 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Political Economy; Legal Institutions; Property Rights; Natural Resources; Energy; Environment; Regional Studies
- P11 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Planning, Coordination, and Reform
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances
- D46 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Value Theory
- B25 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary; Austrian
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stigler, George J & Becker, Gary S, 1977. "De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 76-90, March.
- Deirdre McCloskey, 2004. "The Bourgeois Virtues," World Economics, World Economics, Economic & Financial Publishing, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 5(3), pages 1-16, July.
- Stringham, Edward Peter, 2011.
"Embracing morals in economics: The role of internal moral constraints in a market economy,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 78(1-2), pages 98-109, April.
- Stringham, Edward Peter, 2011. "Embracing morals in economics: The role of internal moral constraints in a market economy," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 98-109.
- Zawojska, Aldona, 2010. "Homo agricola considered as homo economicus and homo politicus," IAMO Forum 2010: Institutions in Transition â Challenges for New Modes of Governance 52709, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.