Default Service Auctions
AbstractIn February 2002, New Jersey completed a market process whereby the utilities were able to purchase one-year forward contracts to ensure energy needs for their default service customers for a one-year period. The auction was the first application of the simultaneous descending clock auction to power procurement. We chose this auction format to fit the specific needs of the New Jersey Electric Discount and Energy Competition Act and the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities mandate for a competitive bidding process to procure the electricity to meet the electric utilities' default service obligations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Regulatory Economics.
Volume (Year): 26 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (09)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100298
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Damianov, Damian S. & Oechssler, Jörg & Becker, Johannes Gerd, 2007.
"Uniform vs. Discriminatory Auctions with Variable Supply - Experimental Evidence,"
Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications
07-68, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim & Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Damianov, Damian S. & Oechssler, Jörg & Becker, Johannes Gerd, 2010. "Uniform vs. discriminatory auctions with variable supply - experimental evidence," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 60-76, January.
- Damian S. Damianov & Jörg Oechssler & Johannes Gerd Becker, 2007. "Uniform vs. Discriminatory Auctions with Variable Supply - Experimental Evidence," Working Papers 0460, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2007.
- de Frutos, Maria-Angeles & Fabra, Natalia, 2008.
"On the Impact of Forward Contract Obligations in Multi-Unit Auctions,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6756, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Frutos, María Ángeles de & Fabra, Natalia, . "On the Impact of Forward Contract Obligations in Multi-Unit Auctions," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/5010, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Luiz T. A. Maurer & Luiz A. Barroso, 2011. "Electricity Auctions : An Overview of Efficient Practices," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2346, October.
- Moreno, R. & Barroso, L.A. & Rudnick, H. & Mocarquer, S. & Bezerra, B., 2010. "Auction approaches of long-term contracts to ensure generation investment in electricity markets: Lessons from the Brazilian and Chilean experiences," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 5758-5769, October.
- James Bushnell, 2007.
"Oligopoly equilibria in electricity contract markets,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 225-245, December.
- Bushnell, James, 2007. "Oligopoly Equilibria in Electricity Contract Markets," Staff General Research Papers 13135, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- salant, david j, 2010. "Sequential auction and auction design," MPRA Paper 30022, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.