The relationship between corruption and income inequality in U.S. states: evidence from a panel cointegration and error correction model
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Public Choice.
Volume (Year): 145 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100332
Corruption; Income inequality; Panel unit root and cointegration tests; Granger-causality;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Oguzhan C. Dincer & Burak Gunalp, 2008. "Corruption, Income Inequality, and Poverty in the United States," Working Papers 2008.54, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Choi, In, 2001. "Unit root tests for panel data," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 249-272, April.
- Kaddour Hadri, 1999.
"Testing For Stationarity In Heterogeneous Panel Data,"
1999_04, University of Liverpool Management School.
- Kaddour Hadri, 2000. "Testing for stationarity in heterogeneous panel data," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 3(2), pages 148-161.
- Fisman, Raymond & Gatti, Roberta, 2002. " Decentralization and Corruption: Evidence from U.S. Federal Transfer Programs," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 113(1-2), pages 25-35, October.
- Rajeev Goel & Daniel Rich, 1989. "On the economic incentives for taking bribes," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 61(3), pages 269-275, June.
- Peter Pedroni, 2000.
"Fully Modified OLS for Heterogeneous Cointegrated Panels,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
2000-03, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Tom Doan, . "PANELFM: RATS procedure to perform panel data group mean FMOLS," Statistical Software Components RTS00151, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Alberto Chong & Mark Gradstein, 2007.
"Inequality and Institutions,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 89(3), pages 454-465, August.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1997.
"Can high-inequality developing countries escape absolute poverty?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1775, The World Bank.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1997. "Can high-inequality developing countries escape absolute poverty?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 51-57, September.
- Neiva de Figueiredo, João, 2013. "Are corruption levels accurately identified? The case of U.S. states," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 134-149.
- Dobson, Stephen & Ramlogan-Dobson, Carlyn, 2012. "Why is Corruption Less Harmful to Income Inequality in Latin America?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1534-1545.
- Eiji Yamamura, 2013.
"Public sector corruption and the probability of technological disasters,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI RP 2013/02, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Eiji Yamamura, 2013. "Public sector corruption and the probability of technological disasters," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 233-255, August.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2011. "Public sector corruption and the probability of technological disasters," MPRA Paper 32012, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2011. "Public sector corruption and the probability of technological disasters," MPRA Paper 34833, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eiji Yamamura, 2013.
"Impact of natural disaster on public sector corruption,"
Development Research Working Paper Series
06/2013, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2013. "Impact of natural disaster on public sector corruption," MPRA Paper 49760, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Apergis, Nicholas & Dincer, Oguzhan C. & Payne, James E., 2012. "Live free or bribe: On the causal dynamics between economic freedom and corruption in U.S. states," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 215-226.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.