Co-evolution of Density and Topology in a Simple Model of City Formation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Networks and Spatial Economics.
Volume (Year): 9 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=106607
Networks; City formation and evolution; Urban economics;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sergio Porta & Paolo Crucitti & Vito Latora, 2006. "The network analysis of urban streets: a primal approach," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 33(5), pages 705-725, September.
- S. Scellato & A. Cardillo & V. Latora & S. Porta, 2006. "The backbone of a city," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 221-225, 03.
- M. T. Gastner & M. E.J. Newman, 2006. "The spatial structure of networks," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 49(2), pages 247-252, 01.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Lämmer, Stefan & Gehlsen, Björn & Helbing, Dirk, 2006. "Scaling laws in the spatial structure of urban road networks," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 363(1), pages 89-95.
- Barthelemy, Marc & Gondran, Bernard & Guichard, Eric, 2003. "Spatial structure of the internet traffic," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 319(C), pages 633-642.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 1987. "The structure of urban equilibria: A unified treatment of the muth-mills model," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, in: E. S. Mills (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 20, pages 821-845 Elsevier.
- David Levinson & Bhanu Yerra, 2006. "Self Organization of Surface Transportation Networks," Working Papers 200603, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Bin Jiang & Christophe Claramunt, 2004. "Topological analysis of urban street networks," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 31(1), pages 151-162, January.
- Geoffrey B. West & James H. Brown & Brian J. Enquist, 1997. "A General Model for the Origin of Allometric Scaling Laws in Biology," Working Papers 97-03-019, Santa Fe Institute.
- David Levinson, 2009. "Introduction to the Special Issue on the Evolution of Transportation Network Infrastructure," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 289-290, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.