Incorporating Waiting Time in Competitive Location Models
AbstractIn this paper we propose a metaheuristic to solve a new version of the Maximum Capture Problem. In the original MCP, market capture is obtained by lower traveling distances or lower traveling time, in this new version not only the traveling time but also the waiting time will affect the market share. This problem is hard to solve using standard optimization techniques. Metaheuristics are shown to offer accurate results within acceptable computing times. Copyright Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2007
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Networks and Spatial Economics.
Volume (Year): 7 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=106607
Market capture; Queuing; Ant colony optimization;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daniel Serra & Charles Revelle & Ken Rosing, 1999. "Surviving in a competitive spatial market: The threshold capture model," Economics Working Papers 359, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Plastria, Frank, 2001. "Static competitive facility location: An overview of optimisation approaches," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 129(3), pages 461-470, March.
- D Serra & H A Eiselt & G Laporte & C S ReVelle, 1999. "Market capture models under various customer-choice rules," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 26(5), pages 741-750, September.
- Hakimi, S. Louis, 1983. "On locating new facilities in a competitive environment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 29-35, January.
- Daniel Serra & Charles Revelle, 1994. "Competitive location in discrete space," Economics Working Papers 96, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Rosing, K. E. & ReVelle, C. S., 1997. "Heuristic concentration: Two stage solution construction," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 75-86, February.
- David Escuín & Carlos Millán & Emilio Larrodé, 2012. "Modelization of Time-Dependent Urban Freight Problems by Using a Multiple Number of Distribution Centers," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 321-336, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.