Determining Optimal Police Patrol Areas with Maximal Covering and Backup Covering Location Models
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Networks and Spatial Economics.
Volume (Year): 10 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=106607
Maximal covering; Backup covering; Optimization; Geographic information systems; Police patrol areas; Police beats;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hasan Pirkul & David A. Schilling, 1991. "The Maximal Covering Location Problem with Capacities on Total Workload," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(2), pages 233-248, February.
- Priest, Thomas B. & Carter, Deborah Brown, 1999. "Evaluations of police performance in an african american sample," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 457-465, September.
- Jan M. Chaiken & Peter Dormont, 1978. "A Patrol Car Allocation Model: Capabilities and Algorithms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(12), pages 1291-1300, August.
- Galvao, Roberto Dieguez & ReVelle, Charles, 1996. "A Lagrangean heuristic for the maximal covering location problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 114-123, January.
- Hasan Pirkul & David A. Schilling, 1988. "The Siting of Emergency Service Facilities with Workload Capacities and Backup Service," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(7), pages 896-908, July.
- Linda Green & Peter Kolesar, 1984. "The Feasibility of One-Officer Patrol in New York City," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(8), pages 964-981, August.
- Galvao, Roberto D. & Gonzalo Acosta Espejo, Luis & Boffey, Brian, 2000. "A comparison of Lagrangean and surrogate relaxations for the maximal covering location problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 124(2), pages 377-389, July.
- Revelle, Charles & Snyder, Stephanie, 1995. "Integrated fire and ambulance siting: A deterministic model," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 261-271, December.
- Linda Green & Peter Kolesar, 1989. "Testing the Validity of a Queueing Model of Police Patrol," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(2), pages 127-148, February.
- Hill, Rebecca Lee & Curtin, Kevin M., 2011. "Solar powered light emitting diode distribution in developing countries: An assessment of potential distribution sites in rural Cambodia using network analyses," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 48-57, March.
- Wilfredo Yushimito & Miguel Jaller & Satish Ukkusuri, 2012. "A Voronoi-Based Heuristic Algorithm for Locating Distribution Centers in Disasters," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 21-39, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.