Technological diversity, scientific excellence and the location of inventive activities abroad: the case of nanotechnology
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal The Journal of Technology Transfer.
Volume (Year): 34 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=104998
Multinationals; Innovation; Location; Patents; Nanotechnology; F23; O32; L22;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Walter Kuemmerle, 1999. "The Drivers of Foreign Direct Investment into Research and Development: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 30(1), pages 1-24, March.
- John Cantwell & Lucia Piscitello, 2005. "Recent Location of Foreign-owned Research and Development Activities by Large Multinational Corporations in the European Regions: The Role of Spillovers and Externalities," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 1-16.
- repec:fth:harver:1473 is not listed on IDEAS
- Avenel, E. & Favier, A.V. & Ma, S. & Mangematin, V. & Rieu, C., 2007.
"Diversification and hybridization in firm knowledge bases in nanotechnologies,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 864-870, July.
- Eric Avenel & Anne-Violaine Favier & Simon Ma & Vincent Mangematin & Carole Rieu, 2007. "Diversification and hybridization in firm knowledge bases in nanotechnologies," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-00424531, HAL.
- Avenel, E. & Favier, A.V. & Ma, S. & Mangematin V. & Rieu, C., 2006. "Diversification and hybridisation in firm knowledge bases in nanotechnologies," Working Papers 200602, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
- Kumar, Nagesh, 2001. "Determinants of location of overseas R&D activity of multinational enterprises: the case of US and Japanese corporations1," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 159-174, January.
- Archibugi, Daniele & Michie, Jonathan, 1995. "The Globalisation of Technology: A New Taxonomy," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 121-40, February.
- Paola Criscuolo & Rajneesh Narula & Bart Verspagen, 2005. "Role of home and host country innovation systems in r&d internationalisation: a patent citation analysis," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(5), pages 417-433.
- John Hagedoorn & Rajneesh Narula, 1996. "Choosing Organizational Modes of Strategic Technology Partnering: International and Sectoral Differences," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 27(2), pages 265-284, June.
- Rothaermel, Frank T. & Thursby, Marie, 2007. "The nanotech versus the biotech revolution: Sources of productivity in incumbent firm research," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 832-849, July.
- Nicolas van Zeebroeck & Bruno Van Pottelsberghe & Wook Han, 2006.
"Issues in measuring the degree of technological specialisation with patent data,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/6199, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Nicolas van Zeebroeck & Bruno Van Pottelsberghe & Wook Han, 2005. "Issues in measuring the degree of technological specialisation with patent data," Working Papers CEB 05-016.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Cantwell, John, 1995. "The Globalisation of Technology: What Remains of the Product Cycle Model?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 155-74, February.
- Yasuyuki Todo & Koji Miyamoto, 2002. "Knowledge Diffusion From Multinational Enterprises: The Role of Domestic and Foreign Knowledge-Enhancing Activities," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 196, OECD Publishing.
- Arundel, Anthony & Kabla, Isabelle, 1998. "What percentage of innovations are patented? empirical estimates for European firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 127-141, June.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998.
"Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey,"
in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 287-343
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Griliches, Zvi, 1990. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 1661-1707, December.
- Zvi Griliches, 1991. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," NBER Working Papers 3301, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ryuhei Wakasugi & Banri Ito, 2009.
"The effects of stronger intellectual property rights on technology transfer: evidence from Japanese firm-level data,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 145-158, April.
- Ryuhei Wakasugi & Banri Ito, 2007. "The Effects of Stronger Intellectual Property Rights on Technology Transfer: Evidence from Japanese Firm-level Data," KIER Working Papers 632, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Rajneesh Narula & Antonello Zanfei, 2003. "Globalisation of Innovation The Role of Multinational Enterprises," DRUID Working Papers 03-15, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Lynne G. Zucker & Michael R. Darby, 2005. "Socio-economic Impact of Nanoscale Science: Initial Results and NanoBank," NBER Working Papers 11181, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guellec, Dominique & Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, Bruno v., 2001.
"The internationalisation of technology analysed with patent data,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1253-1266, October.
- Bruno Van Pottelsberghe & Dominique Guellec, 2001. "The internationalisation of technology analysed with patent data," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/6223, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bonaccorsi, Andrea & Thoma, Grid, 2007. "Institutional complementarity and inventive performance in nano science and technology," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 813-831, July.
- Schmoch, Ulrich, 2007. "Double-boom cycles and the comeback of science-push and market-pull," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1000-1015, September.
- John Hagedoorn & Danielle Cloodt & Hans van Kranenburg, 2005. "Intellectual property rights and the governance of international R&D partnerships," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 36(2), pages 175-186, March.
- Ito, Banri & Wakasugi, Ryuhei, 2007. "What factors determine the mode of overseas R&D by multinationals? Empirical evidence," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1275-1287, October.
- Vernon, Raymond, 1979. "The Product Cycle Hypothesis in a New International Environment," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 41(4), pages 255-67, November.
- Sofka, Wolfgang, 2006. "Innovation Activities Abroad and the Effects of Liability of Foreignness: Where it Hurts," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-29, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Zanfei, Antonello, 2000. "Transnational Firms and the Changing Organisation of Innovative Activities," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(5), pages 515-42, September.
- Philip Shapira & Jan Youtie & Luciano Kay, 2011. "National innovation systems and the globalization of nanotechnology innovation," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 36(6), pages 587-604, December.
- Amato, Amedeo & Dagostino, Virginia, 2011. "Economic Issues on Nanotechnology: An International Comparison and Results From Economic And Econometric Analysis - Questioni economiche sulle nanotecnologie: un confronto internazionale e risultati d," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio di Genova, vol. 64(2), pages 131-151.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.