Location decisions: The role of uncertainty about consumer tastes
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Economics Zeitschrift für Nationalökonomie.
Volume (Year): 71 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=108909
Maximum differentiation; linear city; firm location; demand uncertainty; L13; D43;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- d'Aspremont, C & Gabszewicz, Jean Jaskold & Thisse, J-F, 1979.
"On Hotelling's "Stability in Competition","
Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1145-50, September.
- Ben-Akiva, Moshe & de Palma, Andre & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1989.
"Spatial competition with differentiated products,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 5-19, February.
- BEN-AKIVA, Moshe & DE PALMA, André & THISSE, Jacques-François, . "Spatial competition with differentiated products," CORE Discussion Papers RP -845, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- BEN-AKIVA, M. & de PALMA, A. & THISSE, J.-F., 1985. "Spatial competition with differentiated products," CORE Discussion Papers 1985017, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- S. R. Dalal & R. W. Klein, 1988. "A Flexible Class of Discrete Choice Models," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(3), pages 232-251.
- Tabuchi, Takatoshi & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1995.
"Asymmetric equilibria in spatial competition,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 213-227.
- Anas, Alex & Arnott, Richard & Small, Kenneth A., 1997.
"Urban Spatial Structure,"
University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers
qt835049q3, University of California Transportation Center.
- Neven, Damien J., 1987. "Endogenous sequential entry in a spatial model," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 419-434.
- Balvers, Ronald & Szerb, Lazlo, 1996. "Location in the Hotelling duopoly model with demand uncertainty," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 1453-1461, August.
- Barcena-Ruiz, Juan Carlos & Casado-Izaga, F. Javier, 2005. "Should shareholders delegate location decisions?," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 209-222, September.
- Kieron Meagher, 2011.
"Optimal Product Variety in a Hotelling Model,"
ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics
2011-555, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Król, Michał, 2012.
"Product differentiation decisions under ambiguous consumer demand and pessimistic expectations,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 593-604.
- Michal Król, 2011. "Product differentiation decisions under ambiguous consumer demand and pessimistic expectations," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1103, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Kauffeldt, Florian & Wiesenfarth, Boris, 2014. "Confidence, Pessimism and their Impact on Product Differentiation in a Hotelling Model with Demand Location Uncertainty," Working Papers 0562, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- E. Bacchiega & E. Randon & L. Zirulia, 2010.
"Strategic Accessibility Competition,"
696, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Cheng, Yi-Ling, 2014. "Vertical product differentiation under demand uncertainty," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 51-57.
- Aurélie Bonein & Stéphane Turolla, 2007.
"Sequential Location under one-sided Demand Uncertainty,"
07-12, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Nov 2007.
- Bonein, Aurélie & Turolla, Stéphane, 2009. "Sequential location under one-sided demand uncertainty," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 145-159, September.
- Meagher, Kieron J. & Zauner, Klaus G., 2004. "Product differentiation and location decisions under demand uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 201-216, August.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Noriaki Matsushima, 2010. "Patent licensing, bargaining, and product positioning," ISER Discussion Paper 0775, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Meagher, Kieron J. & Zauner, Klaus G., 2011. "Uncertain spatial demand and price flexibility: A state space approach to duopoly," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 26-28, October.
- Kieron J. Meagher & Klaus G. Zauner, 2008. "Uncertainty in Spatial Duopoly with Possibly Asymmetric Distributions: a State Space Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 579, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Jianhu Zhang & Changying Li, 2013. "Endogenous timing in a mixed oligopoly under demand uncertainty," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 108(3), pages 273-289, April.
- Bárcena Ruiz, Juan Carlos & Casado Izaga, Francisco Javier, 1999. "Should Owners of Firms Delegate Long-run Decisions?," BILTOKI 1999-11, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.