Measuring the severity of unemployment
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Economics Zeitschrift für Nationalökonomie.
Volume (Year): 67 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=108909
social welfare; stochastic dominance; hardship of unemployment; D63; J60;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Layard, Richard, 1981. "Measuring the Duration of Unemployment: A Note," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 28(3), pages 273-77, November.
- Salant, Stephen W, 1977.
"Search Theory and Duration Data: A Theory of Sorts,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 91(1), pages 39-57, February.
- Stephen W. Salant, 1974. "Search theory and duration data: a theory of sorts," Special Studies Papers 42, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Disney, Richard, 1979. "Recurrent Spells and the Concentration of Unemployment in Great Britain," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 89(353), pages 109-19, March.
- Saul, S., 1992. "An Illfare Approach to the Measurement of Unemployment," Papers e9204, Western Sydney - School of Business And Technology.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1983. "Ranking Income Distributions," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 50(197), pages 3-17, February.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00576585 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephen BAZEN (GREQAM, CNRS, UMR 6579) & Patrick MOYES (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113), 2011.
"Elitism and Stochastic Dominance,"
Cahiers du GREThA
2011-08, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Carlos Gradín & Coral del Río & Olga Cantó, 2010.
"Measuring poverty accounting for time,"
169, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Stephen Bazen & Xavier Joutard & Mouhamadou M. Niang, 2012.
"The Duration-Based Measurement of Unemployment. Estimation Issues and an Application to Male-Female Unemployment Differences in France,"
AMSE Working Papers
1206, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France.
- Stephen Bazen & Xavier Joutard & Mouhamadou M. Niang, 2012. "The Duration-Based Measurement of Unemployment: Estimation Issues and an Application to Male-Female Unemployment Differences in France," Working Papers halshs-00793056, HAL.
- Peter Lambert, 2009. "Mini-symposium: The 1990, 1992 and 1993 papers on distributionally sensitive measures of unemployment by Manimay Sengupta and Anthony Shorrocks," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 269-271, September.
- Joseph Deutsch & Yves Fluckiger & Jacques Silber, 2007.
"On Various Ways of Measuring Unemployment, with Applications to Switzerland,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_509, Levy Economics Institute.
- Jacques Silber & Joseph Deutsch & Yves Flückiger, 2007. "On Various ways of Measuring Unemployment, with Applications to Switzerland," Working Papers 2007-20, FEDEA.
- Carlos Gradin & Olga Canto & Coral del Rio, 2012. "Measuring employment deprivation among households in the EU," Working Papers 247, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Carlos Gradín & Olga Cantó & Coral del Río, 2012. "Unemployment and Spell Duration during the Great Recession in the EU," Working Papers 1205, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.