Recent approaches to estimating Engel curves
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Economics Zeitschrift für Nationalökonomie.
Volume (Year): 63 (1996)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=108909
cross-section Engel curves; nonparametric curve estimation; demand analysis; C14; C21; D12; D31;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Howe, Howard & Pollak, Robert A & Wales, Terence J, 1979. "Theory and Time Series Estimation of the Quadratic Expenditure System," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1231-47, September.
- Blundell, Richard & Pashardes, Panos & Weber, Guglielmo, 1993. "What Do We Learn About Consumer Demand Patterns from Micro Data?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(3), pages 570-97, June.
- Stoker, Thomas M, 1993. "Empirical Approaches to the Problem of Aggregation Over Individuals," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1827-74, December.
- Lewbel, Arthur, 1991. "The Rank of Demand Systems: Theory and Nonparametric Estimation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 711-30, May.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-26, June.
- Corinna Manig & Alessio Moneta, 2009.
"More or Better ? Measuring Quality versus Quantity in Food Consumption,"
LEM Papers Series
2009/17, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Corinna Manig & Alessio Moneta, 2014. "More or better? Measuring quality versus quantity in food consumption," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 155-178, July.
- Corinna Manig & Alessio Moneta, 2009. "More Or Better? Measuring Quality Versus Quantity In Food Consumption," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2009-13, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Wolfhard Kaus, 2012. "Beyond Engel s Law - Pursuing an Engelian Approach to Welfare A Cross Country Analysis," Jena Economic Research Papers 2012-028, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Manisha Chakrabarty & Werner Hildenbrand, 2009. "Engel’s Law Reconsidered," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse22_2009, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Barigozzi, Matteo & Alessi, Lucia & Capasso, Marco & Fagiolo, Giorgio, 2012.
"The distribution of household consumption-expenditure budget shares,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 69-91.
- Barigozzi, Matteo & Alessi, Lucia & Capasso, Marco & Fagiolo, Giorgio, 2009. "The distribution of households consumption-expenditure budget shares," Working Paper Series 1061, European Central Bank.
- Andreas Chai & Alessio Moneta, 2010. "Retrospectives: Engel Curves," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 24(1), pages 225-40, Winter.
- Chakrabarty, Manisha & Hildenbrand, Werner, 2011. "Engel's Law Reconsidered," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 289-299.
- Matteo Barigozzi & Lucia Alessi & Marco Capasso & Giorgio Fagiolo, 2008.
"The Distribution of Consumption-Expenditure Budget Shares. Evidence from Italian Households,"
LEM Papers Series
2008/18, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Matteo Barigozzi & Lucia Alessi & Marco Capasso & Giorgio Fagiolo, 2008. "The Distribution of Consumption-Expenditure Budget Shares. Evidence from Italian Households," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2008-09, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Andreas Chai & Alessio Moneta, 2012.
"Back to Engel? Some evidence for the hierarchy of needs,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 649-676, September.
- Andreas Chai & Alessio Moneta, 2011. "Back to Engel? Some evidence for the hierarchy of needs," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2011-13, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Dai, J. & Sperlich, S., 2010. "Simple and effective boundary correction for kernel densities and regression with an application to the world income and Engel curve estimation," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(11), pages 2487-2497, November.
- Syed Abul Hasan, 2012. "Engel Curves and Equivalence Scales for Bangladesh," ASARC Working Papers 2012-15, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Andreas Chai & Alessio Moneta, 2014. "Escaping Satiation Dynamics: Some Evidence from British Household Data," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 234(2-3), pages 299-327, April.
- Kaus, Wolfhard, 2013. "Beyond Engel's law - A cross-country analysis," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 118-134.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.