A Neurological Study of Compulsive Buying Behaviour
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Consumer Policy.
Volume (Year): 34 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100283
Compulsive buying; Consumer behaviour; Consumer research; Consumer policy; Neuroeconomics;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nancy M. Ridgway & Monika Kukar-Kinney & Kent B. Monroe, 2008. "An Expanded Conceptualization and a New Measure of Compulsive Buying," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 35(4), pages 622-639, 08.
- Hubert, Mirja, 2010. "Does neuroeconomics give new impetus to economic and consumer research?," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 812-817, October.
- Faber, Ronald J & O'Guinn, Thomas C, 1992. " A Clinical Screener for Compulsive Buying," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(3), pages 459-69, December.
- Hirschman, Elizabeth C, 1992. " The Consciousness of Addiction: Toward a General Theory of Compulsive Consumption," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(2), pages 155-79, September.
- O'Guinn, Thomas C & Faber, Ronald J, 1989. " Compulsive Buying: A Phenomenological Exploration," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(2), pages 147-57, September.
- Bechara, Antoine & Damasio, Antonio R., 2005. "The somatic marker hypothesis: A neural theory of economic decision," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 336-372, August.
- Drazen Prelec & George Loewenstein, 1998. "The Red and the Black: Mental Accounting of Savings and Debt," Marketing Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 17(1), pages 4-28.
- Solnais, CÃ©line & Andreu-Perez, Javier & SÃ¡nchez-FernÃ¡ndez, Juan & AndrÃ©u-Abela, Jaime, 2013. "The contribution of neuroscience to consumer research: A conceptual framework and empirical review," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 68-81.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.