A Few Bad Apples? Scandalous Behavior of Mutual Fund Managers
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Business Ethics.
Volume (Year): 76 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100281
agency duality; agency theory; ethics; mutual funds; retirement benefits; reward structures;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Volkman, David A & Wohar, Mark E, 1995. "Determinants of Persistence in Relative Performance of Mutual Funds," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 18(4), pages 415-30, Winter.
- Peter Tufano, 1998. "Agency Costs of Corporate Risk Management," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 27(1), Spring.
- Berkowitz, Michael K. & Qiu, Jiaping, 2003.
"Ownership, risk and performance of mutual fund management companies,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 109-134.
- Michael K. Berkowitz & Jiaping Qiu, 2001. "Ownership, Risk and Performance of Mutual Fund Management Companies," Working Papers berk-01-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Brown, Keith C & Harlow, W V & Starks, Laura T, 1996. " Of Tournaments and Temptations: An Analysis of Managerial Incentives in the Mutual Fund Industry," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 85-110, March.
- Joseph Golec, 2003. "Regulation And The Rise In Asset-Based Mutual Fund Management Fees," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 26(1), pages 19-30.
- Erik R. Sirri & Peter Tufano, 1998. "Costly Search and Mutual Fund Flows," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(5), pages 1589-1622, October.
- Edwin J. Elton & Martin J. Gruber & Christopher R. Blake, 2003. "Incentive Fees and Mutual Funds," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(2), pages 779-804, 04.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.