The public sector and health care
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Tax and Public Finance.
Volume (Year): 3 (1996)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102915
Health care expenditures; majority rule equilibrium;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Siow, Aloysius, 1984. "Occupational Choice under Uncertainty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 631-45, May.
- Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Sogaard, Jes & Andersson, Fredrik & Jonsson, Bengt, 1992. "An econometric analysis of health care expenditure: A cross-section study of the OECD countries," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 63-84, May.
- Manning, Willard G, et al, 1987. "Health Insurance and the Demand for Medical Care: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 251-77, June.
- Romer, Thomas & Rosenthal, Howard, 1979. "The elusive median voter," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 143-170, October.
- Miguel Gouveia, 1997.
"Majority rule and the public provision of a private good,"
Springer, vol. 93(3), pages 221-244, December.
- Gouveia, Miguel, 1997. " Majority Rule and the Public Provision of a Private Good," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 93(3-4), pages 221-44, December.
- David Cutler, 1994. "Market Failure in Small Group Health Insurance," NBER Working Papers 4879, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joseph P. Newhouse, 1992. "Medical Care Costs: How Much Welfare Loss?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 3-21, Summer.
- Stiglitz, J. E., 1974. "The demand for education in public and private school systems," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 349-385, November.
- Hitiris, Theo & Posnett, John, 1992. "The determinants and effects of health expenditure in developed countries," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 173-181, August.
- Benjamin Wong & Kam Ki Tang, 2010.
"The Ageing, Longevity and Crowding Out Effects on Private and Public Savings,"
CAMA Working Papers
2010-12, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Kam-Ki Tang & Benjamin ShiJie Wong, . "The Ageing, Longevity and Crowding Out Effects on Private and Public Savings: Evidence from Dynamic Panel Analysis," MRG Discussion Paper Series 3409, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Levaggi, Rosella & Zanola, Roberto, 2000. "The Flypaper Effect: Evidence from the Italian National Health System," POLIS Working Papers 10, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Timothy Besley & Stephen Coate, 1999. "The Public Critique of Welfare Economics: An Exploration," NBER Working Papers 7083, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Besley, Timothy & Hall, John & Preston, Ian, 1998. "Private and public health insurance in the UK," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(3-5), pages 491-497, May.
- Marisol Rodriguez & Alexandrina Stoyanova, 2008. "Changes in the demand for private medical insurance following a shift in tax incentives," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(2), pages 185-202.
- Anindya Sen, 2005. "Is Health Care a Luxury? New Evidence from OECD Data," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 147-164, June.
- Andrea M. Leiter & Engelbert Theurl, 2009.
"The Convergence of Health Care Financing Structures: Empirical Evidence from OECD-Countries,"
2009-20, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Andrea Leiter & Engelbert Theurl, 2012. "The convergence of health care financing structures: empirical evidence from OECD-countries," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 7-18, February.
- Andrea Leiter & Engelbert Theurl, 2009. "The Convergence of Health Care Financing Structures: Empirical Evidence from OECD-Countries," NRN working papers 2009-12, The Austrian Center for Labor Economics and the Analysis of the Welfare State, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Blomquist, S. & Christiansen, V., 1998.
"The Political Economy of Publicly Provided Private Goods,"
1998-14, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Blomquist, Soren & Christiansen, Vidar, 1999. "The political economy of publicly provided private goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 31-54, July.
- Blomquist, Sören & Christiansen, Vidar, 1998. "The Political Economy of Publicly Provided Private Goods," Working Paper Series 1998:14, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Panos Pashardes & Nicoletta Pashourtidou, 2011.
"Consumer welfare from publicly supplemented private goods: age and income effects on demand for health care,"
Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 865-885, December.
- Panos Pashardes & Nicoletta Pashourtidou, 2007. "Consumer Welfare for Publicly Supplemented Private Goods: Age and Income Effects on Demand for Health Care," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 6-2007, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Zanola, Roberto, 2000. "Public goods versus publicly provided private goods in a two-class economy," POLIS Working Papers 12, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.