Is more better? An analysis of hospital outcomes and efficiency with a DEA model of output congestion
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Health Care Management Science.
Volume (Year): 11 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=101767
Hospital efficiency; DEA; Patient outcomes;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gabriel A. Picone & Frank A. Sloan & Shin-Yi Chou & Donald H. Taylor, 2003. "Does Higher Hospital Cost Imply Higher Quality of Care?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(1), pages 51-62, February.
- Gary Ferrier & Michael Rosko & Vivian Valdmanis, 2006. "Analysis of uncompensated hospital care using a DEA model of output congestion," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 181-188, May.
- Mary E. Deily & Niccie L. McKay, 2006. "Cost inefficiency and mortality rates in Florida hospitals," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 419-431.
- Anne Hvenegaard & Jacob Arendt & Andrew Street & Dorte Gyrd-Hansen, 2011.
"Exploring the relationship between costs and quality: Does the joint evaluation of costs and quality alter the ranking of Danish hospital departments?,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer, vol. 12(6), pages 541-551, December.
- Anne, Hvenegaard & Nielsen Arendt, Jacob & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Street, Andrew, 2010. "Exploring the relationship between costs and quality - Does the joint evaluation of costs and quality alter the ranking of Danish hospital departments?," COHERE Working Paper 2009:6, COHERE - Centre of Health Economics Research, University of Southern Denmark.
- Kuhn, Michael & Wrzaczek, Stefan & Prskawetz, Alexia & Feichtinger, Gustav, 2011.
"Externalities in a life cycle model with endogenous survival,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(4-5), pages 627-641.
- Michael Kuhn & Stefan Wrzaczek & Alexia Prskawetz & Gustav Feichtinger, 2010. "Externalities in a Life-Cycle Model with Endogenous Survival," Working Papers 1001, Vienna Institute of Demography (VID) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences in Vienna.
- : Álvaro Almeida & José Pedro Fique, 2011. "Evaluating Hospital Efficiency Adjusting for Quality Indicators: an Application to Portuguese NHS Hospitals," FEP Working Papers 435, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:30:y:2010:i:1:p:139-156 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hu, Hsin-Hui & Qi, Qinghui & Yang, Chih-Hai, 2012. "Analysis of hospital technical efficiency in China: Effect of health insurance reform," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 865-877.
- Jana Borůvková & Martina Kuncová, 2012. "Comparison of the Ophthalmology Departments of the Vysocina Region Hospitals Using DEA Models," Acta Oeconomica Pragensia, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(5), pages 75-84.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.