Welfare and Distribution Effects of Water Pricing Policies
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists in its journal Environmental and Resource Economics.
Volume (Year): 43 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100263
Water demand; Equivalent variation; Social welfare; Income distribution;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bettie, Bruce R. & Lafrance, Jeffrey T., 2006.
"The law of demand versus diminishing marginal utility,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt9c73m45q, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Bruce R. Beattie & Jeffrey T. LaFrance, 2006. "The Law of Demand versus Diminishing Marginal Utility," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 28(2), pages 263-271.
- Beattie, Bruce R. & LaFrance, Jeffrey T, 2005. "The law of demand versus diminishing marginal utility," CUDARE Working Paper Series 0959, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Beattie, Bruce R. & LaFrance, Jeffrey T., 2005. "The law of demand versus diminishing marginal utility," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt0dv2v8xx, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Beattie, Bruce R. & LaFrance, Jeffrey T., 2006. "The Law of Demand Versus Diminishing Marginal Utility," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt2ks565h0, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- R. Bruce Billings & Donald E. Agthe, 1980. "Price Elasticities for Water: A Case of Increasing Block Rates," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 56(1), pages 73-84.
- Ruijs, A. & Zimmermann, A. & van den Berg, M., 2008. "Demand and distributional effects of water pricing policies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2-3), pages 506-516, June.
- Jasper Dalhuisen & Peter Nijkamp, 2001. "Critical Factors for Achieving Multiple Goals with Water Tariff Systems," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 01-121/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Soteroula Hajispyrou & Phoebe Koundouri & Panos Pashardes, .
"Household demand and welfare: implications of water pricing in Cyprus,"
DEOS Working Papers
0201, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Hajispyrou, Soteroula & Koundouri, Phoebe & Pashardes, Panos, 2002. "Household demand and welfare: implications of water pricing in Cyprus," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(04), pages 659-685, October.
- Pashardes, Panos & Koundouri, Phoebe & Hajispyrou, Soteroula, 2002. "Household Demand and Welfare Implications of Water Pricing in Cyprus," MPRA Paper 38444, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Panos Pashardes & Phoebe Koundouri & Soteroula Hajispyrou, . "Household demand and welfare: implications of water pricing in Cyprus," DEOS Working Papers 0202, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Olmstead, Sheila M. & Michael Hanemann, W. & Stavins, Robert N., 2007.
"Water demand under alternative price structures,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 181-198, September.
- Arbues, Fernando & Garcia-Valinas, Maria Angeles & Martinez-Espineira, Roberto, 2003. "Estimation of residential water demand: a state-of-the-art review," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 81-102, March.
- Chipman, John S & Moore, James C, 1980. "Compensating Variation, Consumer's Surplus, and Welfare," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 933-49, December.
- Peter C. Reiss & Matthew W. White, 2006. "Evaluating Welfare with Nonlinear Prices," NBER Working Papers 12370, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T., 1985. "Linear demand functions in theory and practice," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 147-166, October.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Jeffrey T. LaFrance & Harry D. Gorter, 1985. "Regulation in a Dynamic Market: The U.S. Dairy Industry," Monash Economics Working Papers archive-34, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- David L. Chicoine & Ganapathi Ramamurthy, 1986. "Evidence on the Specification of Price in the Study of Domestic Water Demand," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 62(1), pages 26-32.
- Piet Rietveld & Jan Rouwendal & Bert Zwart, 2000. "Block Rate Pricing of Water in Indonesia: An Analysis of Welfare Effects," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(3), pages 73-92.
- Marie-Estelle Binet & Fabrizio Carlevaro & Michel Paul, 2012. "Estimation of Residential Water Demand with Imprecise Price Perception," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201233, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Salies, Evens, 2012. "Lin, B., Jiang, Z, 2012. Designation and influence of household increasing block electricity tariffs in China. Energy Policy 42, pp. 164–173: How biased is the measurement of household’s loss?," MPRA Paper 46811, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barde, Julia Alexa & Lehmann, Paul, 2013. "Distributional effects of water tariff reforms: An empirical study for Lima, Peru," UFZ Discussion Papers 14/2013, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- SidibÃ©, Amadou, 2010. "Demand for soil, water and forest conservation in Burkina Faso," Department of Forest Economics publications 2345, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of forest economics.
- Lehmann, Paul, 2011. "Making water affordable to all: A typology and evaluation of options for urban water pricing," UFZ Discussion Papers 10/2011, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.