An Economic Theory of Court Delay
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal European Journal of Law and Economics.
Volume (Year): 10 (2000)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100264
Court delay; demand for trials; legal certainty;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lindsay, Cotton M & Feigenbaum, Bernard, 1984. "Rationing by Waiting Lists," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 404-17, June.
- Gravelle, H. S. E., 1990. "Rationing trials by waiting: Welfare implications," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 255-270, December.
- Fenn, Paul & Rickman, Neil, 1999. "Delay and Settlement in Litigation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(457), pages 476-91, July.
- Wim Marneffe & Bas Aarle & Lode Vereeck, 2013. "Regulatory delay and growth: a cross country analysis," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 385-396, June.
- Lucia Dalla Pellegrina, 2008. "Court delays and crime deterrence," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 267-290, December.
- Di Vita, Giuseppe, 2010. "Production of laws and delays in court decisions," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 276-281, September.
- Andrew Torre, 2003. "The Impact of Court Delays on the Prosecutor and the Defendant: An Economic Analysis," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 91-111, July.
- Monica KENELEY, 2005. "Structural Adjustment and Change in the Australian Life Insurance Industry Post Demutualisation," Economics Series 2005_15, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Voigt, Stefan, 2012. "On the optimal number of courts," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 49-62.
- Tibor Neugebauer & Stefan Traub, 2012.
"Public good and private good valuation for waiting time reduction: a laboratory study,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 35-57, June.
- Tibor Neugebauer & Stefan Traub, 2011. "Public Good and Private Good Valuation for Waiting, Time Reduction: A Laboratory Study," LSF Research Working Paper Series 11-03, Luxembourg School of Finance, University of Luxembourg.
- Andrew Torre, 2008.
"Socially Optimal Criminal Court Waiting Times: A Partial Investigation,"
Australian Economic Papers,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 115-128, 03.
- Andrew Torre, 2008. "Socially Optimal Criminal Court Waiting Times: A Partial Investigation," Economics Series 2008_15, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Maria Antonelli & Veronica Grembi, 2013. "A microeconomic model of the demand of civil justice: is one institutional context better than another?," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 295-318, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.