Tackling excessive waiting times for elective surgery: a comparative analysis of policies in 12 OECD countries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Health Policy.
Volume (Year): 72 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Keane & Meliyanni Johar & Glenn Jones & Elizabeth Savage & Olena Stavrunova, 2012.
"Discrimination in a universal health system: Explaining socioeconomic waiting time gaps,"
Economics Series Working Papers
2012-W11, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Johar, Meliyanni & Jones, Glenn & Keane, Micheal P. & Savage, Elizabeth & Stavrunova, Olena, 2013. "Discrimination in a universal health system: Explaining socioeconomic waiting time gaps," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 181-194.
- Meliyanni Johar & Glenn Jones & Michael Keane & Elizabeth Savage & Olena Stavrunova, 2011. "Discrimination in a Universal Health System: Explaining Socioeconomic Waiting Time Gaps," Working Paper Series 165, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Meliyanni Johar & Glenn Jones & Michael P. Keane & Elizabeth Savage & Olena Stavrunova, 2012. "Discrimination in a universal health system: Explaining socioeconomic waiting time gaps," Economics Papers 2012-W11, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Rice, N & Robone, S & Smith, P.C, 2008. "International Comparison of Public Sector Performance: The Use of Anchoring Vignettes to adjust Self-Reported Data," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 08/28, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Granlund, David & Wikström, Magnus, 2013. "Public Provision and Cross-Border Health Care," HUI Working Papers 98, HUI Research.
- Aoife Brick & Anne Nolan & Jacqueline O’Reilly & Samantha Smith, 2012. "Conflicting Financial Incentives in the Irish Health-Care System," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 43(2), pages 273â301.
- Carlsen, Fredrik & Kaarboe, Oddvar M., 2010.
"Norwegian priority guidelines: Estimating the distributional implications across age, gender and SES,"
Elsevier, vol. 95(2-3), pages 264-270, May.
- Carlsen, Fredrik & Kaarbøe, Oddvar, 2009. "Norwegian priority guidelines: Estimating the distributional implications across age, gender and SES," Working Papers in Economics 08/09, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Silviya Nikolova; & Arthur Sinko; & Matt Sutton;, 2012. "Do maximum waiting times guarantees change clinical priorities? A Conditional Density Estimation approach," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 12/07, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Carol Propper & Matt Sutton & Carolyn Whitnall & Frank Windmeijer, 2007.
"Did 'Targets and Terror' Reduce Waiting times in England for Hospital Care?,"
The Centre for Market and Public Organisation
07/179, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Propper Carol & Sutton Matt & Whitnall Carolyn & Windmeijer Frank, 2008. "Did 'Targets and Terror' Reduce Waiting Times in England for Hospital Care?," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 8(2), pages 1-27, January.
- Katharina Hauck & Andrew Street, 2007. "Do targets matter? A comparison of English and Welsh National Health priorities," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 275-290.
- Testi, Angela, 2012. "Rationalizing Waiting Times in Health Care Delivery: An International Comparison - Governare i tempi di attesa in sanità: un confronto internazionale Comparison -," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio di Genova, vol. 65(1), pages 189-201.
- George France & Francesco Taroni & Andrea Donatini, 2005. "The Italian health-care system," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(S1), pages S187-S202.
- van de Vijsel, Aart R. & Engelfriet, Peter M. & Westert, Gert P., 2011. "Rendering hospital budgets volume based and open ended to reduce waiting lists: Does it work?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 60-70, April.
- Aakvik, Arild & Holmås, Tor Helge & Kjerstad, Egil, 2012. "Hospital Capacity, Waiting Times and Sick Leave Duration - an Empirical Analysis of a Norwegian Health Policy Reform," Working Papers in Economics 10/12, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Conner-Spady, Barbara L. & Sanmartin, Claudia & Johnston, Geoffrey H. & McGurran, John J. & Kehler, Melissa & Noseworthy, Tom W., 2011. "The importance of patient expectations as a determinant of satisfaction with waiting times for hip and knee replacement surgery," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(3), pages 245-252, August.
- Toth, Federico, 2010. "Healthcare policies over the last 20 years: Reforms and counter-reforms," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 82-89, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier) or ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.