A Note on Allen’s Arc Elasticity with Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic Means
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Atlantic Economic Society in its journal Atlantic Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 40 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Suite 650, International Tower, 229 Peachtree Street, N.E., Atlanta, GA 30303
Phone: (404) 965-1555
Fax: (404) 965-1556
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=112055
More information through EDIRC
Demand elasticity; Allen’s geometric mean arc elasticity; Arithmetic mean arc elasticity; Harmonic mean arc elasticity; JEL; D01; C13;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shah, Shekhar & Mishra, Deepak & Panagariya, Arvind, 1996.
"Demand elasticities in international trade : are they really low?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1712, The World Bank.
- Panagariya, Arvind & Shah, Shekhar & Mishra, Deepak, 2001. "Demand elasticities in international trade: are they really low?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 313-342, April.
- Natalya Ketenci & Idil Uz, 2011. "Bilateral and regional trade elasticities of the EU," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 839-854, May.
- C. C. Holt & P. A. Samuelson, 1946. "The Graphic Depiction of Elasticity of Demand," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54, pages 354.
- Greenblatt, Jeffery B. & Succar, Samir & Denkenberger, David C. & Williams, Robert H. & Socolow, Robert H., 2007. "Baseload wind energy: modeling the competition between gas turbines and compressed air energy storage for supplemental generation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1474-1492, March.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Sofia Berto Villas-Boas, 2009.
"An empirical investigation of the welfare effects of banning wholesale price discrimination,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 40(1), pages 20-46.
- Villas-Boas, Sofia B, 2008. "An Empirical Investigation of the Welfare Effects of Banning Wholesale Price Discrimination," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt7vg17026, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Villas-Boas, Sofia B, 2006. "An empirical investigation of the welfare effects of banning wholesale price discrimination," CUDARE Working Paper Series 1017R3, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy, revised Oct 2008.
- Shane Miller & Eckhard Platen, 2010.
"Real-World Pricing for a Modified Constant Elasticity of Variance Model,"
Applied Mathematical Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(2), pages 147-175.
- Shane M Miller & Eckhard Platen, 2008. "Real World Pricing for a Modified Constant Elasticity of Variance Model," Research Paper Series 237, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.